PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

random thoughts so far (monday crew, cincy's O, SI/ESPN picks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the taildragger

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Tirico: Joe, how is Favre going to deal with two rookies on the line this year?
Theisman: Yes he does Mike, Favre has two rookies on his line, Michelle what's happening on the sideline?
Tafoya: Well I was speaking to Brett and he mentioned the two rookies on his line.
Kolber: Me too Michelle, I've confirmed that Brett has two rookies on his line.
Kornheiser: How can a guy with two rookies on his line be expected to complete a throw?

WE GET IT.

Last year Brady had two rookies on his blindside, a backup center, and a RT we just cut...he had a +90 passer rating. Please explain what two rookie guards has anything to do with the egotistical need to throw uncatchable rocketballs in every situation.

It pains me to say this because there's no team I can't stand more than the Bengals, but Cincy has the best offense in the game...hands down. Are we now finished with this talk of emotional scaring with carson palmer? AFC-C prediction: Bengals/Pats...homefield team wins.

I'm going out on a limb with this one but, I think Pittsburgh will SUCK this year. Might be a .500 team.

Al Davis, Jeff George, Al Davis, Jeff George...comedy of the absurd.Did I actually hear Tom Jackson say George threw the "most beautiful ball of all time"?...actually rewound it on Tivo to make sure...yep, time to install a hyperbole alert.

The Dolphins will win the AFC!! So Says SI. Why even play the games?

Despite "little depth," they'll go the distance due to major contributions from Hudson Houck and Marcus Vick. Yes, they cite MARCUS VICK as being a major contributor to their championship run. Aging defense?...sorry, that only matters for the Pats.

Again they cite "momentum" from last season's 6-straight Ws. The 2-point win in Foxboro over 2nd stringers is a positive indicator for Miami?...a sign of "MOMENTUM?"

And so grows the media's inflated opinion of fantasy fluke Culpepper. He's now replaced Peyton as the most overrated player in football. In his new video game commercial he describes a passing play while speaking street -- totally incomprehensible. You'd need a PhD in Ebonics to get the calls. Good thing he's never had to deal with, you know, articulate receivers.

Also according to SI, Shanahan again beats the Pats -- I'd just go ahead and disembowel myself. In yet another tiring twist, Denver's KO'd again by the "Arena League All-Stars," before the white horseys go down to Daunte's sea mammals...which would indeed be worth the price of admission.

And to top it off, they have the Carolina juicers winning the big one (again).

This is great news. Since we're actually, you know, A BETTER TEAM THAN MIAMI, we must have a great shot.

Almost forgot, we're in a tragic phase of decline and disrepair...barren, overrated, overexposed, overstuffed, deaf, dumb and blind. A shell of our former selves. Too ancient to matter, too satisfied to care...

Dear Sports Illustrated, Rodney knows who you are. He knows where you live.

p.s. there's just something about a xylophone that says College Football. bring it on...and don't forget your popcorn.

Attachments

• espn picks.jpg
    espn picks.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 42
the taildragger said:
Tirico: Joe, how is Favre going to deal with two rookies on the line this year?
Theisman: Yes he does Mike, Favre has two rookies on his line, Michelle what's happening on the sideline?
Tafoya: Well I was speaking to Brett and he mentioned the two rookies on his line.
Kolber: Me too Michelle, I've confirmed that Brett has two rookies on his line.
Kornheiser: How can a guy with two rookies on his line be expected to complete a throw?

WE GET IT.

Last year Brady had two rookies on his blindside, a backup center, and a RT we just cut...he had a +90 passer rating. Please explain what two rookie guards has anything to do with the egotistical need to throw uncatchable rocketballs in every situation.

It pains me to say this because there's no team I can't stand more than the Bengals, but Cincy has the best offense in the game...hands down. Are we now finished with this talk of emotional scaring with carson palmer? AFC-C prediction: Bengals/Pats...homefield team wins.

I'm going out on a limb with this one but, I think Pittsburgh will SUCK this year. Might be a .500 team.

Al Davis, Jeff George, Al Davis, Jeff George...comedy of the absurd.Did I actually hear Tom Jackson say George threw the "most beautiful ball of all time"?...actually rewound it on Tivo to make sure...yep, time to install a hyperbole alert.

The Dolphins will win the AFC!! So Says SI. Why even play the games?

Despite "little depth," they'll go the distance due to major contributions from Hudson Houck and Marcus Vick. Yes, they cite MARCUS VICK as being a major contributor to their championship run. Aging defense?...sorry, that only matters for the Pats.

Again they cite "momentum" from last season's 6-straight Ws. The 2-point win in Foxboro over 2nd stringers is a positive indicator for Miami?...a sign of "MOMENTUM?"

And so grows the media's inflated opinion of fantasy fluke Culpepper. He's now replaced Peyton as the most overrated player in football. In his new video game commercial he describes a passing play while speaking street -- totally incomprehensible. You'd need a PhD in Ebonics to get the calls. Good thing he's never had to deal with, you know, articulate receivers.

Also according to SI, Shanahan again beats the Pats -- I'd just go ahead and disembowel myself. In yet another tiring twist, Denver's KO'd again by the "Arena League All-Stars," before the white horseys go down to Daunte's sea mammals...which would indeed be worth the price of admission.

And to top it off, they have the Carolina juicers winning the big one (again).

This is great news. Since we're actually, you know, A BETTER TEAM THAN MIAMI, we must have a great shot.

Almost forgot, we're in a tragic phase of decline and disrepair...barren, overrated, overexposed, overstuffed, deaf, dumb and blind. A shell of our former selves. Too ancient to matter, too satisfied to care...

Dear Sports Illustrated, Rodney knows who you are. He knows where you live.

p.s. there's just something about a xylophone that says College Football. bring it on...and don't forget your popcorn.

have these clowns ever been right about anything there entire lives?lol

hey, we lost edgerin james...it must be our year!!!

define the word delusional :rolleyes: How can you possibly like the freakin Colts AGAIN??

And another random thought...I've replayed the Matt Leinart mystery shoulder separation at least 10 times. He was not hit.

After the Arizona St. game I made up my mind that Leinart was too soft to play in the NFL -- physically and mentally (they were booing me!)...I maintain that stance after seeing him separate his own shoulder.

Tom's not the sturdiest built guy, but that's why I'm flat out in love with his toughness. You NEVER see him wince in pain...many of you don't know this but he's played many games with injuries while loaded on painkillers. Favre gets all the credit for being a tough guy, but he doesn't stand in their as fearlessly as Tom does. Tittle is the only comparison to me. Although Favre doesn't miss starts, he's taken himself out of games at least ten times by my unofficial count...remember the Jim McMahon game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST