PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quote That Got My Attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
During the game Aikman and Brennaman were talking about their interaction with the Patriots this weekend. They said how impressed they were with how much the Patriots' players trusted BB and wanted to play well for him. This reminded me of a quote by Brady in the offseason where he said that the team needed to trust and listen to the coaches more.

Amazing when a group of people are all on the same page and all listen to the leadership, how much can be accomplished. Of course the leadership must be well prepared and know what they are talking about but that hasn't ever really been a question here.

Deion Sanders was basically saying something on NFLN "How are the Pats 6-1 their roster isn't filled with superstars?"

It is because they are playing as a team and being coached by the best NFL coach of all time.

So your saying.....

IN BB WE TRUST

always have and always will

Last edited:
During the game Aikman and Brennaman were talking about their interaction with the Patriots this weekend. They said how impressed they were with how much the Patriots' players trusted BB and wanted to play well for him. This reminded me of a quote by Brady in the offseason where he said that the team needed to trust and listen to the coaches more.

Amazing when a group of people are all on the same page and all listen to the leadership, how much can be accomplished. Of course the leadership must be well prepared and know what they are talking about but that hasn't ever really been a question here.

This does seemto be the theme of the day - just read what Moss had to say after the game.

What's even more amazing is BB's patience.. he didn't quit or give up or trash anyone. This goes back to last year.. Finally the players are buying into his system.

How many years have people said of Belichick, this is his best coaching job. Well, THIS is another one of those years. Because THIS is by far his best coaching job. So far, it HAS to be.

We have always trusted in BB, unfortunately there were a few key players over the last two years or so who did not. Amazing what could have been accomplished had they just listened to the GOAT.

Deion Sanders was basically saying something on NFLN "How are the Pats 6-1 their roster isn't filled with superstars?"

It is because they are playing as a team and being coached by the best NFL coach of all time.

Remember the 2001 SB when The Pats bucked the NFL and would only be introuduced as a team? It's deja vu all over again.

We have always trusted in BB, unfortunately there were a few key players over the last two years or so who did not. Amazing what could have been accomplished had they just listened to the GOAT.

*cough* Afailius *cough*

A great team beats a team of great players every time.
Too bad mr pea brain didn't figure it out before he was shipped out.

How many years have people said of Belichick, this is his best coaching job. Well, THIS is another one of those years. Because THIS is by far his best coaching job. So far, it HAS to be.

The team could go 14-2 and he still probably wouldnt get coach of the year. Although Im getting the feeling the Belichick hatred in the media isnt as intense as it once was, sans Borges

I am amazed when Bill has these types of players that he just doesn't bench them into oblivion. I know there are union player rules but I'd like to see more use of the inactive list as a means of weeding out malcontents.

You work so hard over the years ... to hard to be disrespected by a malcontent player.

The team could go 14-2 and he still probably wouldnt get coach of the year. Although Im getting the feeling the Belichick hatred in the media isnt as intense as it once was, sans Borges

The hatred isn't as strong because the Pats aren't considered a real threat to win the SB again, after not having done so since 2004. But I'll tell you what, the Pats now have the best record, and the peanut gallery is now going to be like, "...no...no...not them, not again, I thought they were kaput". :D

Still bugs me when people talk about the Patriots not having stars on the roster. What don't they have? They have the best QB in the league, one of the best defensive linemen in the league, a superior ILB tandem, an excellent tight end, two safeties who are on the cusp of hitting the top tier, and a CB, ILB, and OLB that all have a shot at rookie of the year. There's a ton of talent on that roster: it just isn't at WR or RB, so people tend not to recognize it.

and a CB, ILB, and OLB that all have a shot at rookie of the year. There's a ton of talent on that roster: it just isn't at WR or RB, so people tend not to recognize it.

Don't know about the rookie of the year stuff with bradford and suh probably sowing that up. But i get your point. I like it this way tho under the radar is good enough for me

A great team beats a team of great players every time.

Well said, what I really like about this team is that they are essentially starting 4 rookies on D.. and rotating a bunch of unheralded guys in critical situations... if anyone of them are not performing up to expectations, then they rotate in some new guys...

I doubt a team of 'superstars' will every win anything!

Too many egos!

The Pats very presence is a contradiction to the construct of Sanders' psyche.

And I love it.

To add to the quote that Mr. Troy Aikman he than talked about the Pats having all those picks next year , 2 in the First, 2 in the Second and 2 in the Third, and ended it by saying something like ' Patriots are going to be around for another ten years' ! Made me feel good as we were 11 points up at the time. Good man.

To add to the quote that Mr. Troy Aikman he than talked about the Pats having all those picks next year , 2 in the First, 2 in the Second and 2 in the Third, and ended it by saying something like ' Patriots are going to be around for another ten years' ! Made me feel good as we were 11 points up at the time. Good man.

yup loved that too

"The Patriots aren't going anywhere for the next 5 - 10 years"

though it is a conservative time frame by aikman

i was also moved by how he phrased his earlier statement, talking about how hes never in all his years heard professional players, grown men, making millions of dollars talk of a coach in any sport the way these guys regard BB

it really is something to behold this year reminds me of 08 a little bit

the day BB retires, will be a very sad day indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes