PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PSA: Patriots are now the #7 seed [edit: now the #6 seed post-week 11]

The Titans because their passing game (and their offense in general outside of Henry) is pretty bad. I'd rather take my chances playing a low scoring, defensive game than have to worry about keeping up with some of those other high powered offenses on the road.

Vrabel is an X factor against this team though. And if their running game is going they can win a game 17-13 and be happy about it.

Assuming the Pats are a wildcard team, which is by far the most likely way they can make the playoffs, which matchup on the road vs the Chiefs, Titans, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals or Ravens would be the least bad?
Let's see if Judon get's consistent help from the young guys like Uche - McMillan and Jennings of the world also in the middle from our DT's. IF we can bring he Heat and hold the Edge I like our chances on D against them all.

I think part of it is the effects of parity. There are a few teams that are really good and then a whole lot of question marks until you get to the teams that really suck. Those teams in between could be considered quality or could be considered stinkers based on the point of view of who is talking.
Just off top of my head you have Dolphins (3 losses), Bengals (4), Chargers (4?) , Cowboys (3) , Seahawks (4), 49ers (4)

It seems like the media rhetoric is very positive on these teams relative to the Pats which is all about our crappy playcalling, Mac Jones stinking, BB drafting, BB losing his touch etc...Or at least they are viewed as closer to "elite" particularly in the Dolphins/Cowboys case...

like the enthusiasm, but first want to see a major improvement on the offensive side of the ball and with the way Mac is handling the ball/pocket/pressure before even thinking about beating bills, vikings etc. hard to beat teams if your offense incl QB barely moves the ball and totaly depends on a perfect and dominant execution of the D# and ST

coaching, scheme, execution, has to be way better its so frustrating to watch this offense play so far

Assuming the Pats are a wildcard team, which is by far the most likely way they can make the playoffs, which matchup on the road vs the Chiefs, Titans, Bills, Dolphins, Bengals or Ravens would be the least bad?
The Pats defense is better against the pass than the run. Dolphins or Bengals would play to their strength. Ravens are dangerous with Watson and the Titans have the strong running game. Chiefs and Bill are just better teams.

The Pats defense is better against the pass than the run. Dolphins or Bengals would play to their strength. Ravens are dangerous with Watson and the Titans have the strong running game. Chiefs and Bill are just better teams.

Gimmie the Bengals. I've seen how inept their coaching is every Sunday for the past two years. They're a talented team on the field but their coaching leaves much to be desired. So many play calls in the post-season last year felt like they were just throwing **** at a wall.

Gimmie the Bengals. I've seen how inept their coaching is every Sunday for the past two years. They're a talented team on the field but their coaching leaves much to be desired. So many play calls in the post-season last year felt like they were just throwing **** at a wall.
Some did stick they made it to the SB nobody was beating that Rams Team last year.

I can see the Jets falling off. They are likely to lose 4 more games. Problem is, so are we.
Bengals and Chargers are on the bubble too, who knows which version of the teams will emerge down the stretch.
But that is never more true than for the Pats - we'll determine whether we make the playoffs by seeing what they've done to fix the offense (and Mac) over the bye. If we come out safe, slow and similar to the first half, we're done. #FACT
That's the 'beauty' of it - if the Pats get in they'll pretty much have to earn it, so if they fall short it means they weren't going to make much noise anyway.

Some did stick they made it to the SB nobody was beating that Rams Team last year.

You're not wrong, which is why I withheld judgment for a moment, however, I do think their coaching is suspect still after the season thus far. But, within the context of the original question of who I'd rather face in that list of teams, it's going to still be the Bengals. I don't think they're bad, I just think that:

- Coaching is suspect
- Joe Burrow is good but also a six shootin', wild slinger of a QB

And BB has a decent history of taking on those circumstances. We'd be remiss to not mention our own questions about suspect coaching in regards to this year's Patriots, however, I don't think it's as fluxy as Zac and Co.

In the next 12 days, Mac will be facing 3 straight teams above .500 which is his worst nightmare. With that said, the Jets are a fake "good" team and the Pats should beat them at home. Vikings, on the other hand, will be a very good test on the road (especially for the defense). Then they have a meeting with their Daddy (Bills) at home. So far, they are 1-2 against teams above .500. These next 3 games will tell us a lot.

Last edited:
I think the key is we have to win 2 out of 3 in the remaining Bills/Dolphins games.
Probably.

None of them are slam dunks. CIN went to the SB last year. Jets are sneaky. LV and Josh know our personnel and QB. AZ has a running/scrambling/throwing QB which we suck at defending. MIN is 8-1. MIA offense is hell on wheels and beat us Week 1 and BUF twice is scary since we can't make them punt w/o 40mph winds.

The Bills will bounce back. They lost because of stupidity and trying to show the NFL that there is nothing wrong with Allen. The whole elbow scare was a smokescreen.

You dont skip taking the points making it a Vikings 3 score game to tie and go for it on 4th down with a QB who has a bad elbow. The worst thing has happened because now the NFL pundits are doubting that Buffalo is THE conference Super Bowl contender.
Vikings did everything to lose and the Bills still lost.

If we beat the Jets and Chargers lose to the Chiefs, our playoff odds are looking a lot better.

Ceiling: 9-8 (beat Jets and cardinals, beat Dolphins, and then see if Kirk Cousins will choke or if Buffalo is sloppy against our good defense). Possibly 6th seed.

Floor: 7-10 (beat Jets and cardinals, but get stomped by Tua, Allen 2x, Burrow, and a 8-1 Vikings team). 9th seed.

Ceiling: 9-8 (beat Jets and cardinals, beat Dolphins, and then see if Kirk Cousins will choke or if Buffalo is sloppy against our good defense). Possibly 6th seed.

Floor: 7-10 (beat Jets and cardinals, but get stomped by Tua, Allen 2x, Burrow, and a 8-1 Vikings team). 9th seed.
You don’t give the Pats any shot against the Raiders or the Bengals?

If we beat the Jets and Chargers lose to the Chiefs, our playoff odds are looking a lot better.
Both a real possibility

Something to watch this weekend for Browns @ Bills. Could help us. If the Browns are even able to travel there…

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back