PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Reference on Pats Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL Refernce on Pats Record

My only concern with this team is the offense. I don't think they have the ability to put up 30 points on any given day. Since, moss left we have needed multiple turnovers to put up about 23 points a game. That doesn't get me excited long term.

You sound like another fan with 2007 on the brain, this team is leading the league in scoring.

We are bad with yards but pretty good with point differential. I'm pretty sure that has a stronger correlation to winning than yards. Points predict us to be 5-2 and with a pretty good turnover differential (some of which were lucky) you can see how we are 6-1.

I don’t know if they will win the Super Bowl but I’m relatively certain that they will be better than 10 and 6.

'Relatively certain'? Not going out on a limb here are we? You DO REALIZE... that the Pats would have to go 4-5 from here on out to end up 10-6. That is they will have to play sub .500 football the rest of the season.
If PFR is predicting the Pats go 10-6 then they are full of crap. The bend but don't break defense does not lend itself well to traditional football metrics.

And this young defense has upside, speed, and athleticism that their stats don't measure. Same thing goes for the young offense. The huge Tate TD, Gronk, Hernandez, etc. Their growth PFR obviously doesn't account for. Sorry but that article is poorly written and relies purely on stats based analysis without looking at the actual film.

I predict 12-4 at a minimum.

BTW That article wants to lump a Pats team led by a healthy Tom Brady to the 2000 Lions team. That right there should tell you that article isn't even worth the paper it's printed on.
Who the hell is Neil Peine anyways? Keep bringing the disrespect mediots. Hope BB pins this on the bulletin board. I'd hate to be the Pats next opponents.

Last edited:

You sound like another fan with 2007 on the brain, this team is leading the league in scoring.

It's more of the eyeball test. The offense just concerns me. We are scoring with a lot of smoke and mirrors. I wish our offense is more potent.

It's more of the eyeball test. The offense just concerns me. We are scoring with a lot of smoke and mirrors. I wish our offense is more potent.
But isn't it all relative? I thinks this year will be like 2008, when there was no dominant offense in the NFL. I don't see a 2009 Saints, a 2007 Pats, 2006 Chargers offense anywhere in the NFL this year. The 2010 Pats offense does not have to compare to those three offenses; they just need to positively compare to other 2009 offenses. Or maybe I should say they need to positively compare to 2009 NFL defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes