PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Pick'em League -For PatsFans only - Who Really Knows The NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
OK, I was in one from that other planet of Pats fans last year, let's get our own going. It's fun and some serious bragging rights can be had.

There's room for a bunch of people and your worst week's score will be dropped so don't worry if you get in late. Join now and we'll be rolling before tomorrow's kickoff.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Pro Football Pickem - Join a Group

League ID number - 59666
password - tommy

Last edited:
It's called 'PatsFannies'... teehee...

I'm in. Won $200 last year in a pick 'em, so hopefully I can keep the luck going haha.

Oh btw, is this against-the-spread or straight-up?

Straight up (i.e. no spread) but we will use confidence points. The list of players is growing - don't miss out!

Last edited:
I'm in on this. Weird system there with confidence points but let's see how it works out.

In.

Good luck my fellow pats fans, you all are going down like Marc Sanchez in week 2.

I'm in. Never done one of these, so should be a good time :)

dumb question. is 1 more confident or vice versa

Looking good. let's get as many patsfans as we can on this one. It can be one of our unofficial championships.

I'm in.............

For those maybe not sure of what this league entails-

All you have to do each week is pick who you think will win each NFL game (16/wk). Then you can assign "confidence points" to each game by how sure you are of your picks. Takes a few minutes each week - or longer if you really want to dig into the matchups. Either way it's a chance to flash some knowledge of the league and understanding of what it takes to win.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup

League ID number - 59666
password - tommy

Last edited:
We've got a couple dozen players so far but there are hundreds of Patsfans - so we need more to join up to truly settle who knows the league the best!

I joined yesterday..I'm kickin some ass here

Do you know if a pick for every game is due before the start of the first game of the week? Or by a certain deadline for the Sunday games? Or prior to each individual game? How does it work?

My team is absolute trash. It's awful.

Not too late to join up, we've got a pretty good group building so jump in.

Even if you miss tonight's game - no big deal since the way it's set up you have until 5 min. before the start of each game to pick the winner of that game. There is no weekly deadline like in some leagues. You may possibly miss out a tie-breaker but the need for them is rare so don't sweat it.

Plus, the league eliminates the score of your worst week so even if you missed a whole week you could theoretically still win the championship.

As for the question about the confidence points - yes, you do have to assign each game a confidence point (1-16) before the computer will accept your picks as complete. You can go back and change picks or points right up until 5min. before each game kicks off.

Think of confidence points this way - you go to a betting parlor, you have $100 to bet and you want to wager on every game. The issue then becomes how much to bet on each game (in other words how sure you are of each pick) as well as picking the winners. The more money you rake in the better you do regardless of how many winners you picked, simple as that.

It's not unusual to have someone with fewer correct picks win the weekly point battle because he had placed higher confidence points (i.e. money) on the games he ended up picking correctly. of course, if you pick every game correctly the confidence points are maxed out either way, but getting 16 picks right in one week is mighty, mighty rare. But go for it!

Last edited:
Not too late to join up, we've got a pretty good group building so jump in.

Even if you miss tonight's game - no big deal since the way it's set up you have until 5 min. before the start of each game to pick the winner of that game. There is no weekly deadline like in some leagues. You may possibly miss out a tie-breaker but the need for them is rare so don't sweat it.

Plus, the league eliminates the score of your worst week so even if you missed a whole week you could theoretically still win the championship.

As for the question about the confidence points - yes, you do have to assign each game a confidence point (1-16) before the computer will accept your picks as complete. You can go back and change picks or points right up until 5min. before each game kicks off.

Think of confidence points this way - you go to a betting parlor, you have $100 to bet and you want to wager on every game. The issue then becomes how much to bet on each game (in other words how sure you are of each pick) as well as picking the winners. The more money you rake in the better you do regardless of how many winners you picked, simple as that.

It's not unusual to have someone with fewer correct picks win the weekly point battle because he had placed higher confidence points (i.e. money) on the games he ended up picking correctly. of course, if you pick every game correctly the confidence points are maxed out either way, but getting 16 picks right in one week is mighty, mighty rare. But go for it!

OK, so if I'm absolutely certain that the 49ers will annihilate the Seahawks, do I give them 1 confidence point or 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST