Pretty good article on Brady, Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Tom Brady's feet beat Colts in Deflategate rematch | The MMQB with Peter King

It wasn't the blowout some of us had hoped for, but it was impressive in its own way, and I thought Benoit did a nice job explaining why:

For the second straight week, the Patriots faced an unusual defensive scheme that was tailored for stopping their offense’s lethal quick-strike passing game. And, for the second straight week, the Patriots made adjustments within the game to dissect that unusual defensive scheme.

...The problem is that, with Tom Brady at the helm, even the great approaches can be made to look silly.

Worth a read. Nice to see a national media person acknowledging the ad hoc make up of the offensive line for once (ahem, NBC? Anyone?) Gives credit to McDaniels too. Mostly gets to the heart of the adaptability of this team.

Finally, Benoit raves about Brady's footwork (as Collinsworth did last night). I agree that Brady has been superb in that regard … but when has he not been? I still remember his first start, an oncoming pass rusher was barreling in full speed and, after years of watching Bledsoe, I 100% expected a sack. But Brady just slid up in the pocket, avoided the sack and made the play.

A good read that looks beyond the silly punt fiasco, and gives credit where it's due.

I was about to post that link if somebody else -- who turned out to be you :) -- hadn't posted it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft