PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict who will have the better career?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is going to have the better career?

• Total voters

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Will the Jets be flying high after yet another high QB pick? Or will it crash and burn?

The Jets seem to have a never-ending cycle of going through quarterbacks so I'm going with Mac Jones. Seriously, when was the last time the Jets had a stable QB situation that last more than a few years? Pennington? Even he was hurt all the time. Probably have to go back to the 80s or further.

Well, I do not see Jones playing, so I would have to say Wilson by default.

I will say Mac Jones, only because he isn't on the Jets. I have faith that the Jets will ruin Zach Wilson, just like happens with every other QB of theirs.

The Jets are the Jets, right? But unfortunately Robert Saleh seems like the complete opposite of Adam Gase... I think he'll get something out of Wilson. In a vacuum, Wilson seems better than Mac, so I'll vote him.

It would be fun if Week 1 was Pats vs. Jets, Mac vs. Wilson.

Jones cause of the franchise.

The Jets seem to have a never-ending cycle of going through quarterbacks so I'm going with Mac Jones. Seriously, when was the last time the Jets had a stable QB situation that last more than a few years? Pennington? Even he was hurt all the time. Probably have to go back to the 80s or further.
Vinnie T?

Jones is the better QB and is in a better situation.

Wilson is overhyped because he played behind a completely overpowering OL and against nobodies.

Wilson has far more talent. But I also feel like he has the biggest potential (out of the top five QBs taken) to be a massive bust. Like out of the league in five years type bust. Or he could be an AllPro. Neither would surprise me. But given that he went to the sinkhole that is the Jets I would lean towards bust.
That being said, Jones is in a better situation with a better fit. But haven't we been watching this happen in our own division for decades? Bad team needs a QB and just waits around somewhere between 7-15 and takes whatever QB is left for them because they need one. The track record of that working out is not good,

Flight 828. I like that show.

Wilson is overhyped because he played behind a completely overpowering OL and against nobodies.
Thats is If he gets traded before the rats destroy his psyche like they did to little marco and damn darnit.

BSPN shows da Jete QB depth chart as:

The Jete look primed to ruin this guy. They literally have no one else to put out there. If they try to put one of the young scrubs or some washed up veteran out there, all the Jersey Vinny jabronies and the tabloid mediots will lose their :poop:

It looks like it will play out like this: Small school wunderkind goes to the big city and gets sent out to play against full grown men. Kid gets crushed, GM leaks to the media that it's the new coaching staff's fault, fingers get pointed, knives get shoved into backs, rinse repeat.

Even if the off-the-field stuff doesn't kick in (but we all know it will), the kid is being put into a terrible situation.

Last edited:
I picked Mac because I love my Pats. That being said, I think Zach is the better player, more talented, and right now, has more weapons. But look at him in college, he literally had nobody, and yet was still spectacular. Reminds me of Marino in that he makes nobodies into decent players. He doesn’t need stars to be really good. Not saying Mac needs stars, I disagree with all that say he needs stars to be good, just saying Zach did great things with zero stars.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back