PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the 2nd Half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ok, so a lot of people accurately predicted the Patriots would roll through the first half of the schedule, with only the Bills and Browns games being close enough to call "tests."

Now the schedule gets more challenging, with the next 5 coming against some decent teams, including three potentially tough games on the road against Baltimore, Philadelphia and Houston. Here's how I think the next 8 games will go (I do think they can get to 16-0, but that takes some magic and some luck...I think they'll probably drop 1 or 2 games this year...which should easily be good enough for the #1 seed which is all that should really matter at the end of the day). The next 4 games are the real test, you get by those and you really only need to beat KC and you're dang close to 16-0.

@ Baltimore- W
@ Philadelphia- L
vs. Dallas- W
@ Houston- L
vs. Kansas City- W
@ Cincinnati- W
vs. Buffalo- W
vs. Miami- W

I think they'll drop one of the next two games, but I think the Eagles game is a more likely loss. Same with the Houston and Kansas City pairing, I think they'll drop one. The team is stronger in Foxboro and I could see the Texans maybe just squeaking one out at home with a late INT or something. If they manage to only lose one game this year, I could see it being the Philly game though. A 15-1 season still has only been done by a little more than a handful of teams in history ('15 Panthers, '11 Packers, '04 Steelers, '98 Vikings, '85 Bears, '84 49ers). If they get by the next two games without losing, I think the prospect of 16-0 becomes much more attainable. They should beat Dallas at home, and the last 3 games should all be wins, even though Buffalo will push New England. KC will be a test if Mahomes is healthy but the way our defense is playing, I think it'll be lower scoring than last year's game...their defense is pretty mediocre.

What do you guys think?

So many paragraphs so early in the morning

I predict it's going to be fun.

win last 3, go 3-2 in the tough 5 game stretch

so basically the same...

So many paragraphs so early in the morning

I go to work at 3am so I've been up for a while. Sorry about writing a thesis lol

@ Baltimore- L
@ Philadelphia- W
vs. Dallas- W
@ Houston- W
vs. Kansas City- W
@ Cincinnati- W
vs. Buffalo- W
vs. Miami- L

After watching the offensive line play against Cleveland I'm more concerned about the coming game than anything after the bye when Mason and Wynn will be back in the fold. As for the rest of the season...

giphy.gif

After watching the offensive line play against Cleveland I'm more concerned about the coming game than anything after the bye when Mason and Wynn will be back in the fold. As for the rest of the season...

giphy.gif

We will need to get through the next 2 games with Newhouse. Wynn then returns for Dallas.

16-0 after the fact is great, but my heart can’t take another of those runs. Pats got beat up that year and it cost them the Super Bowl imho. got every teams best from about week 9 on....

6-2 is the reasonable prediction. But I'm more interested in injury-free run and 1st seed, don't care if it's 12 or 14 wins.

Newhouse...ugh

I do not now how the regular season ends but I know we will get another SB trophy.

We will need to get through the next 2 games with Newhouse. Wynn then returns for Dallas.

That was a general "after the bye" in reference to the whole '2nd half of the season' theme ;)

@ Baltimore- W
@ Philadelphia- W
vs. Dallas- W
@ Houston- L
vs. Kansas City- W
@ Cincinnati- W
vs. Buffalo- W
vs. Miami- W

Is my guess. I think the level of preparation for the next 3 will make the team overlook Houston a bit, thus the loss.

We will see. Going to be a fun ride.

I think it is extremely likely we will drop at least one game out of @Baltimore, @Philadelphia, and @Houston. I will go with L @Baltimore and maybe another L @Houston.

Barring significant injuries, I think this team is 95% going 14-2 at least.

16-0 honestly I think we pull it off think about it Sanu has yet to fully click on and Harry is coming back and they won't be fully on sync from the gate so an 8-0 has yet to full manifest itself and that's why I believe we will finish 16-0 I expect the O to get better every week as Sanu and Harry get more reps and pick up on things, I see a perfect sling shot of synchronization heading into the playoffs, and I expect the D to get better it's not November yet.

I'm confident the team will probably have a bad game against somebody they shouldn't, and everybody will lose their minds for a week.

giphy.gif

Haha, came here to post this!

6-2, loss vs KC and vs Miami as Stidham plays 3 quarters and Pat's have #1 seed locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back