Podcast: Are The Patriots Pushing The Limits Of The

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Russ Goldman

This is another episode with PatsFans.com and Bleacher Report writer Lee Schechter. During the show we discussed Lee's article entitled Patriots Are Pushing the Limits of the

Continue reading...

A 54 minute video, no thanks. I'd rather read a story than watch a video.

So, what did it say?

A 54 minute video, no thanks. I'd rather read a story than watch a video.

So, what did it say?

I'm assuming it's *****ing because the Pats don't have a ton of sacks (translation: their defense isn't fun to watch). Even though they have the lowest points against and the best record in the AFC.

Russ Goldman

This is another episode with PatsFans.com and Bleacher Report writer Lee Schechter. During the show we discussed Lee's article entitled Patriots Are Pushing the Limits of the

Continue reading...
If it's a 54 minute video, forget it. But, I've heard and read elsewhere this week similar sentiments. Hey, it can be frustrating at times to watch this defense, particularly on third down. But, to me, the answer is "no", because as long as points, rather than yardage and time of possession, is your principal goal and you're winning, what does it really matter? If it begins to not work, then you shift focus. Doing so may not be initially easy, but it's certainly not impossible, particularly with this coaching staff. It seems to me to be more of the " let's invent potential problems because there don't seem to be many legitimate ones present" horse ****.

What they don't seem to get is that this defense is not a base defense playing one style of football it is a defense that is completely situational and designed to play the circumstances on the field and in the game. They don't care about most numbers other than points allowed and are focused upon taking away strengths that matter most in each situation. They will concede the run when it suits their purposes and do the same with underneath passing games. They try to play a field position game and force teams to go the length of the field without utilizing their strongest weapons. While it's always frustrating to watch teams move the ball im fine with it as long as they are keeping points down and winning.

What they don't seem to get is that this defense is not a base defense playing one style of football it is a defense that is completely situational and designed to play the circumstances on the field and in the game. They don't care about most numbers other than points allowed and are focused upon taking away strengths that matter most in each situation. They will concede the run when it suits their purposes and do the same with underneath passing games. They try to play a field position game and force teams to go the length of the field without utilizing their strongest weapons. While it's always frustrating to watch teams move the ball im fine with it as long as they are keeping points down and winning.
I figure there will be another rule change next off-season then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back