PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick 64 - Draftek's New Draft

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It looks good for picking a corner. Draftek has Carter and Collins gone before we pick.

HOWEVER, they have the following as being available
Rowe
Darby
Shaw
Rollins

Also, Tre Jackson and Kouandjie should be there, and Marpet for a trade up.

Finally, we could draft Abdullah.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get locked into a particular position at 64. There is still a lot of talent on the board and we really could go in just about any direction.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we took a RB, OT/G, WR, CB, LB or edge rusher.

There's a lot of talent still available. Very deep day two potentially.

After the unexpected pleasure of seeing Brown dropping to #32, all we need now is for AJ Cann to drop to #64 to prove conclusively that God exists and He is a Patriots fan.

After the unexpected pleasure of seeing Brown dropping to #32, all we need now is for AJ Cann to drop to #64 to prove conclusively that God exists and He is a Patriots fan.

At what point do we start considering Randy Gregory?

Cann at #64
Gregory Falls to #96
Steal La'el Collins at #253 (unless you do suspect he is involved in the murder)

We can dream cant we?

At what point do we start considering Randy Gregory?

Cann at #64
Gregory Falls to #96
Steal La'el Collins at #253 (unless you do suspect he is involved in the murder)

We can dream cant we?

I'd start considering Collins worth the risk after the 4th round. You're getting into "ammunition/throwaway picks" around that time and nobody will be upset about using a 5th rounder on what was a top 20 talent if we're forced to cut him. I'd rather risk securing a potential beast nearly for free instead of making the best offer in the UDFA period when 31 other teams will be calling.

Gregory is talented but where is he going to play for us at 240lbs? Can he bulk up to 260?

Not sure Kraft would be willing to take on the media headache involved with Collins, especially on the heels of the Hernandez trial.

Regardless, as others have said lots of talent left on the board, we'll see how things fall in the 2nd but I wouldn't be surprised with any of a number of players/positions--or a trade/up back for that matter, depending on how the board shapes up. Really it's par for the course for a Pats draft: expect the unexpected :)

Gregory is talented but where is he going to play for us at 240lbs? Can he bulk up to 260?

I love the idea of BB unleashing Jamie Collins, Dont'a Hightower and Randy Gregory on offenses. Gregory might not have a position but I think BB would find very creative ways of using him.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back