PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pick 6 was textbook pass interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just watched it again, Malcolm Jenkins clearly and blatantly pushes Amendola with 2 hands in the chest as the ball is in the air. Had the ball not been in the air it would have been a legal jam but the ball had definitely left Brady's hand. I don't get why nobody has noticed this. Amendola really needed to sell this after the fact too!

I said this at the time to a family member but he didn't agree.

Then again, he's a big Eagles fan. Did I mention yesterday sucked?

Or the Pats guy getting blatantly pushed out of bounds while the ball was in the air on the last onside kick?

What is the ruling on that anyway?

Or the Pats guy getting blatantly pushed out of bounds while the ball was in the air on the last onside kick?

What is the ruling on that anyway?

It's totally legal as long as you don't maintain a block on them out of bounds.

The Amendola interception struck me as pass interference but I'm not shocked they didn't call it, either.

It could be argued either way. Brady shouldn't have thrown it. It was one of four interceptions. There were a couple games that were okay pass performances but bad by Brady's standards -- this one was the worst. He almost looked like Peyton Manning out there.

edit: 2 interceptions

Last edited:
It could be argued either way. Brady shouldn't have thrown it. It was one of four interceptions. There were a couple games that were okay pass performances but bad by Brady's standards -- this one was the worst. He almost looked like Peyton Manning out there.

Havent seen a replay of it so I wont comment on that particular play from what I remember of it.

However, if a DB is allowed to put two hands on a receiver and push them out of the way, every pass could be intercepted just as easily.

With all the attention the gronkowski opi stuff got nationally, I wouldn't bet on the Pats many big calls

Havent seen a replay of it so I wont comment on that particular play from what I remember of it.

However, if a DB is allowed to put two hands on a receiver and push them out of the way, every pass could be intercepted just as easily.
Defenders are allowed to ride piggy back on Gronk, so...

youtu.be/CqY6XGz90H0?t=41

Watch from the 0:41 second mark (should automatically start from there when you click the link above)

There's definitely a solid push there by Thurmond. Almost like a defensive-push-off. Could've gone either way, although I'd lean towards a flag of course. Wasn't this the crew that called 4 in a row last week in the SF/ARI game? Perhaps they were hesitant to call some this game due to the backlash.

Also, Eagles only rushed 4. Kline gets tossed aside by Eagles #55 and the quick pressure forces Brady to make a split second decision. Just ~1.5 seconds longer and I bet Brady looks left and hits Chandler wide open.

Half a second longer, or even a different read progression and Chandler either drops a td or catches one. He was wide open out of his quick out break, and may have gotten away with a push off (maybe they call it if it goes his way for a td).

Frustrating game, frustrating decisions, calls (coaching) and bone head plays throughout.

As a side note, what is the female refs responcibility? Is she the line judge responcible for false start/off sides? Whoever was on the hook fot missing all those needs to be suspended without pay ASAP.

Had not noticed that.

What bugged me more on the replay was how wide open Chandler was.

What difference does it make,,,,nothing changes

Yet, some people were saying it was a stupid throw.

02gfIZ6.jpg

This play falls apart as soon as the ball is snapped and Kline gets mowed over. Brady has to make a decision
1. chandler is still engaged so he isn't an open option yet (ignore the wide openness in hindsight). Brady can trust him and throw there but no guarantee Chandler will disengage in time and Brady probably really wants to score a TD here rather than an incomplete

2. Amendola has a step on his opponent and if he continues his route should be past the right hash mark when the ball arrives however he gets cut off / held (while ball in the air) and thus we get the ball being tipped

edit: 2 interceptions

6 drops. LaFell not running things out. Amendola dropping an easy TD. James White tripping over a blade of grass. 3 drops on the last series. Brady leading them back from 21 point deficit in the 4th. 300 yards passing with underwhelming receivers to say the least. Our lineup was Scott Chandler, LaFell, Keyshawn Martin and Damaris Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST