PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Pick 159, Patriots Select K Justin Rohrwasser

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my son applied to Ivy league schools some years back, he shut down all his accounts even though there was nothing there.

There was nothing on mine either. I just chose to not be the product anymore and have musings I shared, pics of my family or my Likes weaponized/monetized.

I already work in the matrix of data and marketing and know all the borderline creepy stuff companies do with data in that context. Until social media grows up, puts real T&Cs in place and gives me a for fee offering where I can control my data, I wont be back.

That’s just a silly argument. The 3 percenters are a far right militia group. Several of their members marched at Charlottesville. They are a bunch of gun nuts who will fight the government with arms, if they feel they aren’t getting what they want from THEIR interpretation of the Constitution. They are nothing like the heroes who fought against the British. One of their members wanted to re-enact the car bombing of a government building in Oklahoma. These are not heroes or Patriots. They are considered extremely dangerous by the Canadian government. Of course they are considered great people by Republicans in America.

By your logic:

Aaron Hernandez was a Patriot.
Aaron Hernandez killed a guy.
Therefore all Patriots fans are murderers.

The Founding Fathers were basically a bunch of gun nuts who fought the government with arms over unfair taxes. I would say we have far more to revolt over these days. If the founding fathers were alive today they would consider us a bunch of pansies.

This thread would pretty much prove their point. :confused:

By your logic:

Aaron Hernandez was a Patriot.
Aaron Hernandez killed a guy.
Therefore all Patriots fans are murderers.

The Founding Fathers were basically a bunch of gun nuts who fought the government with arms over unfair taxes. I would say we have far more to revolt over these days. If the founding fathers were alive today they would consider us a bunch of pansies.

This thread would pretty much prove their point. :confused:
No they were not gun nuts.

I can't speak for anyone else, but 8 hours of conference calls with Devs in Vancouver and Bangalore or team calls with folks in Chicago, Brooklyn, San Diego, MA, NH, Tampa aren't really the "attention keepers" that other people's jobs are.
They’re not but you should probably be paying more attention to them vs the verbal diarrhea that’s going down in this thread. But at least you have something to do. I get the distinct impression that others don’t.

They’re not but you should probably be paying more attention to them vs the verbal diarrhea that’s going down in this thread. But at least you have something to do. I get the distinct impression that others don’t.

And on that note, most important meeting of the day commences now. :)

If they were alive today, they’d be red flagged.
No, they believed in the Government they founded. A well regulated and armed militia...kind of loose language. At that time we did not have a standing army so we needed people who had their own weapons to fight enemies.

He denounced the racist components and violent components of the group.

He says he didn't understand those implications.

He says he's removing the tattoo because the symbol aligned with those things are not who he is.

He teammates at Marshall say no way is he racist - one teammate (who is African American) thought the initial twitter response was some kind of a joke.

What more can the young man do? What more should he do? Nothing and nothing, from where sit.

No, they believed in the Government they founded. A well regulated and armed militia...kind of loose language. At that time we did not have a standing army so we needed people who had their own weapons to fight enemies.

Nunch, if that is an accurate historical interpretation (it's not), then why was the 2nd amendment not amended once West Point had established itself as a fully functional military academy? Don't play historian Nunch...it doesn't suit you.

Thomas Jefferson might beg to differ.

And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.

The tree of liberty... (Quotation) | Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

There s a shred of truth here, but discussing the 2nd Amendment without mentioning the state militias in the slave states and their express purpose, or the wording changes demanded by reps of those states (changing country to state, for example) is incomplete.

A very big part of the 2nd Amendment was a demand by southern states to keep their ability to control their "property."

How the feck did a thread about the Worst Feckin Pick in the Entire Feckin Draft devolve into this? One more thread to Ignore I guess...

He denounced the racist components and violent components of the group.

He says he didn't understand those implications.

He says he's removing the tattoo because the symbol aligned with those things are not who he is.

He teammates at Marshall say no way is he racist - one teammate (who is African American) thought the initial twitter response was some kind of a joke.

What more can the young man do? What more should he do? Nothing and nothing, from where sit.
Did you ever see on TV, when they show the defendant in court, crying ? Why is he crying ? Because he feels bad about what he did ? No, he's crying because he got caught and no must face the repercussions. The kid's twitter feed is all I need as evidence that he follows/retweets a certain type of person that has the same kind of thought process. 90% of those people love what the 3 percenters stand for. That movement is anti government.

Most of you right wing gun nut snowflakes were losing your **** when Kaepernick stood up for what he believed in.

Even if he was the worst of the worst when he got that tattoo.... he was still just 18. And really, anyone of any age should be allowed to be forgiven if they show through their actions (NOT JUST WORDS) that they have truly understood what they did that was hurtful And then show through their actions they are not that kind of person anymore.

Did you ever see on TV, when they show the defendant in court, crying ? Why is he crying ? Because he feels bad about what he did ? No, he's crying because he got caught and no must face the repercussions. The kid's twitter feed is all I need as evidence that he follows/retweets a certain type of person that has the same kind of thought process. 90% of those people love what the 3 percenters stand for. That movement is anti government.

Most of you right wing gun nut snowflakes were losing your **** when Kaepernick stood up for what he believed in.

Written like a true Mensa member. Absolutely brilliant.

23 pages in and nobody has cited a racist thing the kid has done or said.

I'm a proud left-of-center Trump hater who supports Kaepernick.

So he's getting some tattoo removed. Hmm.....I wonder why?

I told guys in another thread media pressures people into doing things. He's already feeling he heat on those tattoos.

23 pages in and nobody has cited a racist thing the kid has done or said.

He doesn't share their politics and these days thats enough to be burned at the social media stake.

Felger and Mazz going all in trying run this kicker out of town... absolutely ****ing disgusting...Felger trying really hard to tie this kid into Charlottesville and anarchist overthrow of the government

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes