PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning’s ankles are sprained

Ozymandias

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, both ankles are injured.

One happened against the Jaguars in Week Six, and the other came in Week Seven at Indy. Dr. Robert Anderson has reviewed scans of the injuries, one of which reportedly is a mild version of the dreaded high ankle sprain.

Per Mort, Manning will get through Sunday’s game on painkillers...

Report: Both of Manning?s ankles are sprained | ProFootballTalk

_____

Other outlets are reporting that his right ankle sprain is of the high variety.

Well, that's not good news for them. As for me, well, it makes me feel pleased that at least we aren't the only ones suffering from injuries.

I guess it's time for the O-line to elevate it's game until/if Peyton's ankles are relatively healed.

That's how I get through most Sunday's with all the media Peyton bubble baths, and Peyton commercials.

That's how I get through most Sunday's with all the media Peyton bubble baths, and Peyton commercials.
Oh+jesus+I+can+barely+type+I+m+laughing+so+hard+_28d6cdf480f9d4f4dac6c8331608b68e.gif

This can't be good for the Broncos going forward. I've had a high ankle sprain before and, though there are varying degrees of this type of injury, they tend to linger.

I mean, Peyton can always get some Marijuana at the Broncos' concession stand right? Well, maybe he shouldn't. It's not working for Eli.

I'm not an expert on the Broncos roster (in fact I'm not an expert on ANY roster :rolleyes:), so I was wondering how the Broncos backup QB situation looked in the event that Manning needs to rest.

Peyton is arguably the most immobile qb to play the game. This makes that much worse. He may not be able to plant and get his body going into the throws today. Not saying it's gonna happen, but I won't be surprised at some severely underthrown balls today. And this may mean turnovers.

Peyton is arguably the most immobile qb to play the game. This makes that much worse. He may not be able to plant and get his body going into the throws today. Not saying it's gonna happen, but I won't be surprised at some severely underthrown balls today. And this may mean turnovers.

I actually think that Peyton is a bit more mobile than Tom.

I actually think that Peyton is a bit more mobile than Tom.

Tom is no blazer either. But my money would be on Tom in the 40, 3 cone drill and shuttle run. :)

Dear football gods: Please let the Broncos lose to the Skins.

LOL @ Florio's last comment. Only Florio would have to throw that in there.
It's all about the clicks now and that's too bad cause that really was a good site back in the day....

Quoting for post of the year nomination... :rocker:

Did this happen when he was trying to get them behind his ears?

This needs extensive coverage on every channel of every network for the next 2 years.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back