PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats vs Rams 2001 regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
If there is such thing as a favorite loss this would be up there. Still fun to see how they talked about Brady and the offense then compared to now. Now we are the big bad Greatest Show on Turf compared to then.

This defense gave up yards but there was a reason why this game intimidated Martz. And I still don’t think Smith fumbled. If the call was overturned Pats might have won this one.

Nice find.

Reactions: sb1
I know this video isn't about that game but I will use excuse to highlight that special team .

27 year old, no kids yet FCB was at this game back when I was a STH...night game so that means we started drinking in Lot A around 330 or 4... Safe to say don't remember much after the Buckley interception...oy vey

If I had to pick a favorite loss it would be that San fran almost comeback in 2012 or something. Too bad they allowed that big return. It was a great game though.

Not sure what definition of “best loss” is. If it involves hindsight, I think the Chiefs loss in 2014 before “onto Cincinnati.” The loss to Seattle in 2016 was a beautifully played football game where they game up just short.

This loss proved to a lot of people, including Mike Martz, that this Pats team was among the toughest in the league. Another reason this game was almost a victory is because the Pats coaching staff downloaded a lot of data on the Rams, which helped them game plan in the SB.

It's nice to watch a game before the NFL turned into the National Pass Interference League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News