PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats pay for BB Tirade against Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The F bombs were flying by BB at a stunned Referee Triplett on a seemingly harmless rejection of the coach's request to have the ball placed after a Denver offside penalty put the Pats at 4th and 1 early in the game. The normally tight-lipped BB unleashed more swear words to a referee in 45 seconds than in all 6 years combined of his tenure with the Pats. The Pats would pay dearly as all referee calls from that point on in the borderline / dispute category were decidedly not in New England's favor.

Last edited:
And this statement of fact comes from . . . ?

BelichickFan said:
And this statement of fact comes from . . . ?

Read his lips on the game tape, it's easy to to see what he is saying.

Last edited:
:D I was watching the first half in a very noisy environment so I was doing alot of lip reading. I was laughing my ass off at that point because there was no mistaking what he was saying.

groundgame said:
And, therefore, the refs screwed the Patriots the rest of the way ? Other coaches have never cursed out officials before ? :confused:

What was Belichick upset about anyway, they called the penalty.

BelichickFan said:
What was Belichick upset about anyway, they called the penalty.

I presume the question was whether or not they got a first down out of it (since it was 4th-and-right-around-5 when they punted).

groundgame said:

But you are making the assumption there was a cause and effect going forward. Problem with that theory is this zebra crew just sucked. Even our obnoxious Bronco troll had Triplett's crew pegged before the coin flip. Your thread title is misleading - you make it sound as if the league was stepping in. They won't, because they would have to follow any fines up with one of those pathetic officiating apology letters.

Even if BB went off on the ref, that doesn't excuse the poor work that they did.

The remedy to that is for the ref to throw a falg on BB for unsportsman like conduct.

The remedy is NOT to make bull**** calls that may cost the team a playoff game.

The point of your thread makes no sense. If you were correct, then the whole crew should be fired.

MoLewisrocks said:
But you are making the assumption there was a cause and effect going forward. Problem with that theory is this zebra crew just sucked. Even our obnoxious Bronco troll had Triplett's crew pegged before the coin flip. Your thread title is misleading - you make it sound as if the league was stepping in. They won't, because they would have to follow any fines up with one of those pathetic officiating apology letters.

The coach cusses out the ref. All calls after that point in the gray area went against the team. When you cuss someone out, they are not usually happy. I am only connected those dots, and it is very possible that the points I bring up are coincidental, and the referees were not being petty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes