PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats-Jaguars in London next year a possibility ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
could it happens ? i would simply love it...

It doesn't intrigue me at all.

Jax might like it because they'd finally sell out a home game in theory.

for us, Pats Fans in Europe, it would be awesome for obvious reasons

i was there when Pats playied the Bucs and it was simply a beauty that week end

i hope it really happens

I would love it! I took my girlfriend to Bears-Bucs this year, and she loved it, and said she wanted to go next year!

But I can't see Jacksonville being very 'attractive' for the NFL to play in Europe!

The Bears-Bucs game wasn't a sell out, and both teams have a fairly large support over here!

Jaguars, probably not!

I would love it! I took my girlfriend to Bears-Bucs this year, and she loved it, and said she wanted to go next year!

But I can't see Jacksonville being very 'attractive' for the NFL to play in Europe!

The Bears-Bucs game wasn't a sell out, and both teams have a fairly large support over here!

Jaguars, probably not!

But the Patriots have a massive fan base in not only the UK but Europe which would make up for having to watch the Jags too :D

Bears/Bucs was never going to sell out, that was probably the most boring sounding game they've brought over here.

Last edited:
But the Patriots have a massive fan base in not only the UK but Europe which would make up for having to watch the Jags too :D

Bears/Bucs was never going to sell out, that was probably the most boring sounding game they've brought over here.

What would you say, is the most popular team there?

Probably the Pats or the Bears.

It would be incredible for the Pats to come over again - it is pretty much an extra home game!!

I think the reason the 2011 game was not a sell-out was timing - there was only 2 months from confirmation of the season to the actual game happening. The sales in 2012 will be telling i think.

It makes the most sense for the home team to be one that has had some difficulty selling out, and could most use the additional profit from moving a game to the UK; teams like Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are good examples. And the most sense for the visiting team would be a winning team with very familiar names; one with a potent offense (e.g., Pats, Saints, Packers) is a nice boost to help sell tickets.

So I would say that, yes, there is a good possibility of this matchup being played in London.

Patriots, Cowboys, Bears & Giants are probably the most popular with the 49ers up there too because they had Montana etc when the NFL was first broadcast in the UK.

I'm all for it if it counts as an 'away' game.

These games are a huge advantage for the away team, and disadvantage for the home team.

We just played there, I believe in '09. Howzabout the NFL "spreading it around a little?" I think it's a PITA to the team's routine.

Really? Most boring? Broncos-49ers!

I would say Dolphins and Cowboys! On the team I was on, there were quite a few fans of them!

It's mainly the successful teams from when NFL was originally big over here!

Really? Most boring? Broncos-49ers!!

The Broncos were still running the McDaniels offense with Lloyd & Orton and were actually fairly fun to watch.

Bears are just boring to watch and the Bucs are terrible.

I would love it. Good memories the last time in London against the bucs.
German support for the patriots in London. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Last edited:
We just played there, I believe in '09. Howzabout the NFL "spreading it around a little?" I think it's a PITA to the team's routine.

Godell has stated that is the plan. I beleive the OP's speculation is misguided.

I'm all for it if it counts as an 'away' game.

These games are a huge advantage for the away team, and disadvantage for the home team.

They're not stealing a home game from New England.

That's the problem. While the NFL is trying to get one team to play there often to create a following, unless we're the away team I think Kraft will try and keep it from happening. Just my 2 cents worth.

I would love it. Good memories the last time in London against the bucs.
German support for the patriots in London. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Agreed! Was a great game, and I met a really nice family originally from Boston, but currently living in Germany :D

Exactly. If I were a team I'd never agree to be the home team at that game. Unless I had zero chances of contending and just wanted a little exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back