Pats already processing waiting list removal deposit refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last week I sent in my letter to get removed from the season ticket waiting list, so I was surprised to get a call from the ticket office asking if I wanted my deposit refunded to a credit card. I said yeah and they put it through.

So if you got your letter in in time to beat today's deadline (if one doesn't request to come off the list by April 30 of a given year, you won't be removed that year) be expecting a call from the ticket office.

And if you joined the list after September 2003 you're now 4 tickets closer to the top :)

If anything, I’ve found being on the waiting list is good for discounts, offers, raffles, etc. if looking at it that way. It seems like a cliff on the waiting list will inevitably happen when a certain couple guys call it quits..

21b.jpg

If anything, I’ve found being on the waiting list is good for discounts, offers, raffles, etc. if looking at it that way. It seems like a cliff on the waiting list will inevitably happen when a certain couple guys call it quits..
I was only on the list for TicketExchange access (I have neither the time nor money to actually get season tickets). The recent changes dynamited that reason to be on the list. And if you get to the top and turn down the tickets you forfeit your deposit. So an easy decision for me.

I was only on the list for TicketExchange access (I have neither the time nor money to actually get season tickets). The recent changes dynamited that reason to be on the list. And if you get to the top and turn down the tickets you forfeit your deposit. So an easy decision for me.

What changes did they make?

What changes did they make?
They eliminated TicketExchange and switched to Ticketmaster's NFL Ticketing Network which is open to the general public and has no price cap. So now you're competing with the entire world to pay way over face for NE tickets.

So can I legally post tickets for over face value now? We never sold on Stub hub or other 3rd party ticket brokerages for fear of Krafty Bob revoking our seats.

So can I legally post tickets for over face value now? We never sold on Stub hub or other 3rd party ticket brokerages for fear of Krafty Bob revoking our seats.
If you sell through NFL Ticketing Network you are not responsible for the actions of the buyer. Any other sale by any other means and you are. This is in a FAQ that NE has buried on its website somewhere (I have read it and a link is in some thread here somewhere).

I thought Massachusetts required a ticket resellers license to sell on the secondary market. I haven’t heard of any changes to that so I’m not sure how Mass residents with season tickets can legally sell them through The NFL Ticketing Network.

If you don't mind me asking, what were you looking at cost/seats wise? I've always been curious about season ticket pricing but couldn't find a solid answer

If you don't mind me asking, what were you looking at cost/seats wise? I've always been curious about season ticket pricing but couldn't find a solid answer
Well, if I had stayed on and eventually gotten tickets I would assume they'd be the worst seats in the place (since presumably they're upgrading existing STHs as seats open up, and then backfill those and so on until they get to the list), so nosebleeds in the 300s.

Season tickets are approximately the same price as single-game ticket face value, plus the two preseason games. However, they have lowered those a bunch (and made up the money in the regular season tickets). I was mentally figuring that overall the 10 games would average $100-$120 per game per seat, so $1000-$1200 per seat per year. Actual STHs who are in the nosebleed 300s, feel free to correct me! :)

I thought Massachusetts required a ticket resellers license to sell on the secondary market. I haven’t heard of any changes to that so I’m not sure how Mass residents with season tickets can legally sell them through The NFL Ticketing Network.
I've been wondering that very thing. The FAQ on the NE website only says

"If you choose to resell your Patriots tickets on the secondary market outside of the NFL Ticketing Network, it is your responsibility to comply with Massachusetts State Law."

It's not clear to me what that even means. I can't see how using NFLTN gets you off the hook of having to comply with MA law. Now the NFLTN could decide to cap the price of any ticket posted by someone with an MA address. But does it? There are already plenty of NE tickets on NFLTN that are listed at way over face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back