PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots walk through rather than full practice: "business as usual" or disrespect??

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It would appear that writers need to whyne and bytch about something, to his credit Florio does offer a caveat at the end.. but he is still trying to create controversy over nothing..

Not sure what he expects as the collective bargaining unit limits the amount of padded practices a team can have during the season..

Patriots don?t bother practicing for Jets | ProFootballTalk

So the Patriots, tasked with getting ready for Geno Smith and the Jets in two days, have decided not to.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network, the Patriots have scheduled just a walk-through for today, meaning there won’t be a full practice session prior to Thursday’s game.

Expect the Jets to play this for full dramatic effect, using it to fuel the no-respect engine that keeps players moving.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

A walkthrough is a slower-paced practice in which players are usually in shorts and T-shirts, and is focused more on the mental side of the game. This isn't anything out of the norm for a Bill Belichick-coached team when facing a short week of preparation.

"We feel like this is the best way to do it," Belichick said.

re: Patriots walk through rather than practice: "business as usual" or disrespect??

who gives a crap

re: Patriots walk through rather than practice: "business as usual" or disrespect??

:agree:
who gives a crap

:agree:

let them get themselves worked up about this. Could care less what they think

Jets had a short week also.

Lets see which method works.

I'll bet a light workout with the mental aspect of the game will do wonders for the Patriot's game, but that's just a hunch :D

Rex said the Jets are basically doing the same. I'm sure the Patriots couldn't give two ****s.

Can I work for PFT now?

Shane Vereen has a broken hand. Danny Amendola has a groin, I know its week one but maybe BB is just letting he's guys get some rest befor they get back in pads

there's a phrase for this.......

verbal masturbation

some people love to hear themselves talk.....others love to read their own writing

week 1 ended, and this is the best some idiot football writer could come up with......I think this person is still stuck in april or something

Right here is the reason I do not read or give Florio any page hits.

The Patriots are disrespecting the Jets for holding walkthroughs in a short week when they also have a finite number of padded practices aloud per NFL rules.

Oh and the Jets are doing the same thing.

What a tool.

Rex said the Jets are basically doing the same. I'm sure the Patriots couldn't give two ****s.

Can I work for PFT now?

Nope, you failed to take a shot at Tebow. But if you are able to and also be more subtle than Florio you could give him a run for his money. Good luck.

"Normally I wouldn't publish about a story like this, but since it's the Patriots I will publish it."

-- Mike Florio after one of his Pats-hater troll baiting articles.

After I saw that I stopped taking him seriously.

Yes. BB will purposefully disrespect a team he wants to beat on the field by not doing any practice off it.

Where is the outrage over manning in the game with 2:19 left up 49-27 and throwing the football for a 1st down. Until I hear a single person in the media questioning that, as far as I am concerned the media can Shut the **** up about how our banged up squad practices during a short week.

******* losers!

For the record, Florio didn't pen this filth, Darin Gantt did. Either this article was terrible. Anything to get hits is motto.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back