PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs. Sh*tsburgh Squeelers Game Day thread (LET'S GOOOO!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate comments like that. Yes, it's technically true. But as an example, Shane Vereen was a healthy scratch during much of his rookie season. He was selected 56 overall - earlier than Jones - but was the Pats 3rd draft pick in 2011. Blame Goodell and Kraft for the fact that Jones was the team's first pick this year. But in terms of talent and expectations, he's in the Vereen and Brandon Spikes category, not a 1st round category.

Hey wonderful tech type pats fans......can anyone PM me a stream for tonight. Im in the UK, just moved house and don't have my cable tv up and running yet. Ive tried first row sports but i have a MacBook and it doesn't seem to work on this piece of crap. Something about flash player or something. Im a complete moron when it comes to anything technical with techno so any help would be very gratefully received

Thanks fellas - got a few :)

Richards simply didn't deserve a place on the field lately

EDIT:
His snaps diminished all the time on D and ST
With Bolden back this I guess is his reality.
PS for 2rd pick possible. Likely to clear waivers despite high pick IMO.

Could you show where his snaps on STs were diminishing..
And there are several teams who would put in claims for Richards..

Hopefully Cyrus makes a 2nd year jump.

The guy was a hot mess out there. He was known for his great special teams ability, but then makes a bunch of drops early in camp and he let it snowball. Played some time in nickel and was decent, but then got beat in Cleveland and then lost his cool and got himself ejected (even if it was for less than what the Bengals weren't ejected for last week).

The talent is there and you can see the explosiveness. He could be a better Kyle Arrington with Edelman special teams value. But his head is not. I think he's pressing too much which is causing things to get worse. This is part of Belichick's "mental toughness" that he talks about - the ability to put a mistake behind him and learn from it. Let's see if he has it.

Last edited:
Lets hope for a win today. Any given Sunday! Go Pats!!

jordan richards - bust

bill could of gotten him as a UDFA....instead of wasting a 2nd rounder

Patriots on Defense:
The Pats are 9th in the league in Run Defense, giving up an average of 92 Rushing Yards per game but only 3.7 YPC. . They also have only given up 3 rushing TDs on the season. They are short on depth on the D-line with both Valentine and Hamilton out.

The Steelers have the #15 rushing offense averaging 106.3 YPG, with a 4.6 YPC. They've scored 4 rushing TDs.

The Pats are 19th in the league in passing defense, giving up 267.2 yards per game. They've given up 8 receiving TDs.. What is interesting, though, is that teams are only averaging 10.8 Yards per reception against the Pats.

The Steelers have the #8 passing offense in the league, averaging 265.5 YPG, with a 7.4 YPA with 16 receiving TDs. They Steelers are without Ben Roethlisberger and Markus Wheaton. Two very big components of the Steelers passing game. Landry Jones will be hard-pressed to be half the passing QB that Ben is.. Landry Jones is not a threat to run the ball so the Pats Pass Rush needs to dial it up a notch.

Patriots on Offense:

The Steelers are 17th in run defense, but are giving up 101.2 Yards per game and 4.6YPC. They've given up 6 rushing TDs.

The Patriots have the #7 rushing offense in the league, averaging 119.8 YPG with a 3.8 YPC (this is hurt by the number of kneel downs they've taken so far this year). They have scored 7 rushing TDs.

The Steelers are 28th in the league in passing defense, giving up 298.3 Yards per game. However, they've only given up 6 receiving TDs. Opposing teams are averaging 11 Yards Per reception against them. They've also given up 3 receptions of over 40 yards.

The Patriots have the #7 passing offense in the league, averaging 267.3 YPG with 8.8 YPA and 10 Receiving TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes