Patriots Suffer Two Key Injuries During Loss to Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Suffer Two Key Injuries During Loss to Chiefs

Ian Logue

With Julian Edelman out of the line-up Thursday night, Tom Brady needed someone else to help get his team going, and he got what he hoped for until an injury took him away.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I agree about the loss of Amendola it had a negative effect on the performance of our team but there were so many other problems last night. The offense should have won that game even with our bad defense but couldn't get the job done. Coaching, QB, receivers and offensive line all broke down.

HT's injury doesn't appear to be something to be overly concerned about for next week or the long term.

OTOH, Amendola now in the concussion protocol after sending Mitchell to IR leaves the Pats with only Hogan, Cooks and Dorsett for practice between now and New Orleans.

HT's injury doesn't appear to be something to be overly concerned about for next week or the long term.

OTOH, Amendola now in the concussion protocol after sending Mitchell to IR leaves the Pats with only Hogan, Cooks and Dorsett for practice between now and New Orleans.
They have Foster and Hollister on the practice squad, I think, who can be used as WR's for practice if needed. These injuries are piling up though.

With Amendola, we just can't afford to have him back returning punts...he's too valuable at this point to our offense to lose him.

They could also use Mathew Slater. Although he's a first-class Special Teams ace, he's also got good hands and can at least spell someone for a few plays here and there.

I don't often disagree with the moves BB makes but they should've never released Austin Carr if the plan was to keep hogan and cooks outside and play Danny in the slot.

They could also use Mathew Slater. Although he's a first-class Special Teams ace, he's also got good hands and can at least spell someone for a few plays here and there.

Mathew Slater....has good hands?

The Mathew Slater that's on the New England Patriots? The same guy who's been on the team for a long time on special teams? That guy has good hands? No, I don't think so.

sorry i just had to jump in. In over 11 seasons of Pac 10 (at the time he was there) and NFL football, Matt Slater has 1 reception. Literally this is the most statistically irrelevant "WR" in the history of football for anyone who has lasted more than 10 yrs at the top of 1A and NFL football. With all due respect, Matt Slater is not a solution for this problem.

Matt Slater College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

He also has 1 rushing attempt too; maybe next time a RB gets hurt we could suggest he is plugged in there too?

sorry i just had to jump in. In over 11 seasons of Pac 10 (at the time he was there) and NFL football, Matt Slater has 1 reception. Literally this is the most statistically irrelevant "WR" in the history of football for anyone who has lasted more than 10 yrs at the top of 1A and NFL football. With all due respect, Matt Slater is not a solution for this problem.

Matt Slater College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

He also has 1 rushing attempt too; maybe next time a RB gets hurt we could suggest he is plugged in there too?

I wish I could agree or like this post more than once.

Who would have thought that losing Danny Amendola (performing a Julian Edelman imitation) would cause the offense to come undressed.

Who would have thought that Dont'a Hightower was our only run stopper.

Who would have thought that losing Danny Amendola (performing a Julian Edelman imitation) would cause the offense to come undressed.

Who would have thought that Dont'a Hightower was our only run stopper.

The problem is when you plan a game or a season around Danny amendola because he is not going to be playing in all the games. The best you can do is plan your offense around other people (see 2014 and 2016 regular season) and then hope he plays in the super bowl run (see 2014 and 2016 playoffs) which is just gravy.

I agree about the loss of Amendola it had a negative effect on the performance of our team but there were so many other problems last night. The offense should have won that game even with our bad defense but couldn't get the job done. Coaching, QB, receivers and offensive line all broke down.

Yeah I agree. The offense should have scored more than 42 and won the game. It's not the defense's fault. The defense only gave up the most points Patriots have since 1993. It's no big deal. The offense needed to click and overcome the worst defense game in 25 years and pulled a win for us, with 2 of the 4 returning receivers from last year injured and out, and a 3rd gone by 4th quarter.

This loss is on the offense. I agree. They let us down.

If the season were ending today I'd be properly concerned. Give the Magic Man a chance to work his magic. He'll make adjustments but it always takes time. That and the Kansas City Chiefs were probably the worst team we could be facing in that condition. With a depleted receiver Corps that was a nightmare matchup. I doubt this game is in any way representative of how the rest of the season is going to look.

They have Foster and Hollister on the practice squad, I think, who can be used as WR's for practice if needed. These injuries are piling up though.
They also have Ayers who would be my first call-up if Amendola cannot go. He also returns punts and I was hoping he would do it last week to avoid what happened.

Was anybody expecting DA would last the whole season as a starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back