PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Signing Former Vikings WR K.J. Osborn

His FLOOR seems to me to be solid NFL professional WR, which is a step up. We'll see if he can be more, but it's an upgrade to the room in any event.
Absolutely agree, as far as talent he probably is the most talented WR he now have in the group.

Cousin Toofy, We might can mitigate that Thornton bad pick with a bad pick the Saints did the same Draft. LT Trevor Penning was an amazing athlete (mean and under 5.0 40) at 6'7" and 325lbs at a small school and Drafted #19 by the Saints. After looking good in pre season he had an injury , now recovered he is still on a downward spiral.
Upgrading the Saints WR position is a priority for them. What if a change of scenery helps both players if we even swap Thornton for Penning?

"If Trevor Penning hasn’t been issued a failing grade during his time with the New Orleans Saints, a solid “incomplete” would be sufficient.

The Saints spent their 2022 first round pick (19th overall) on the hulking offensive line out of Northern Iowa. Penning was the highest rated tackle in the FCS with an over 6-foot-7 frame at 325 pounds. He turned in a 4.89 time in the 40 while flashing elite athleticism and strength.

His rookie season was derailed before it began. Penning tore a ligament in his left big toe in a preseason game against the Chargers just 10 snaps into the contest. The injury required surgery. Penning returned November 16 against Carolina, but suffered a Lisfranc fracture in his right foot, meaning he would be back to full health until June.

The 2023 season began with great hope as essentially Penning’s redshirt rookie season but the massive prospect was benched after five regular season games. His struggles at left tackle were immense"

But his Teammate Spencer Brown on the Bills took three years before the light turned on.
"For those not familiar with him, Brown was Penning’s former teammate at Northern Iowa and played right tackle.

The 6-foot-8, 310-pound Brown was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the third round of the ’21 NFL Draft. He struggled mightily during his first two seasons, seemingly overmatched at times.

However, a light clicked on and he made a quantum leap in 2023. According to Pro Football Focus, Brown graded out as the eighth best among NFL tackles in run blocking and sits 19th in pass blocking."

Small school issues? See Cole Strange

I would do that swap if the Saints would consider trying to fix Thornton.
Thoughts?
DW Toys
Why will they try to do that .. I can definitely see us benefit from it. Nobody leaves a rookie OT before their 4 years is up , that too a first rounder .

If Osbourne a JAG what is Juju and Tyquan?? Asking for a friend.
Sunglasses Hiding GIF by Soul Train
They are professional burger flippers masquerading as football players! :poop:

I'm alright with this. you can't have an all star cast from top to bottom and this guy looks like very good depth. Looks like a guy who can create a bit of space in the middle of the field and do a bit of everything, average acceleration but still seems to get open more than his share. A bit reminiscent of Chris Hogan IMHO.
Agreed, he's a more athletic version with elite speed. This guy can fly.. I watched a few of the Vikings games on prime time he was absolutely making plays.

I'll say.. with some solid QB play from JB/draft pick the offense as a whole projects to be much better.

Ozzy’s better than nothing, but he’s really just a somewhat younger & healthier DawgHouse Bourne… Pats still need more, and more talented.
We do. But out with stuck in park and in with a real WR who runs great routes, Helps the QB, fights for the ball, excellent speed on the outside..

If we had... say... KJ, pop, Bourne to line up with at TE, Henry, RB, Rham &Gibson in the backfield say to start week 1..
I wouldn't be upset at it..
But we still need that "guy" I believe it's tee Higgins.

Looks like Thornton is getting cut. They might just hold onto juju as injury insurance .

Bourne
Douglas
Osborne
Rookie 1
Rookie 2/ Juju
Special team returner ( reagor/ Juju/Boutte/ thornton)

My money is on Bourne, Douglas, Osborne, Rookie 1 , Rookie2 and Reagor.
They can carry 90 players. Filling the WR room with good players is the thing to do right now, especially prior to the draft when they may need to throw in a player to get a pick they really want. They do not need to cut anybody for months.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back