PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Resign DT Daniel Ekuale

I like this move. Solid signing.
I was just obviously joking about the fireworks, but I like him too. Tough, strong….solid rotational guy who can provide a decent interior pressure.

Yup, interior run defense needs to improve, and this guy, healthy, can help there.

Happy he’s back, performed much better than expected.

Kind of an odd free agency for the Pats so far, in that it’s rare to see them re-sign so many of their own. I think the only guy left that’s worth anything is Cody Davis. No one is going to miss Wynn and Agholor. The only loss in FA so far has been Meyers.

I thought Ekuale was underrated last season, he seemed to improve as the year wore on. Good to have him back, solid rotational piece. I like that they’ve brought almost all of their own guys back on defense, it was a really solid unit overall. Still a few gaps, but in general was a top unit in the league.

Good move. The DL and LB rooms remain intact from last year.

I thought Ekuale was underrated last season, he seemed to improve as the year wore on. Good to have him back, solid rotational piece. I like that they’ve brought almost all of their own guys back on defense, it was a really solid unit overall. Still a few gaps, but in general was a top unit in the league.
agree
the only thing you could argue that the defense could use a blue chip player at outside CB (tall) and a LB or interior pass rusher which showed against top teams.
But this counts for almost every defense, so it's ok. I hope we focus on offense with our assets.

Happy he’s back, performed much better than expected.

Kind of an odd free agency for the Pats so far, in that it’s rare to see them re-sign so many of their own. I think the only guy left that’s worth anything is Cody Davis. No one is going to miss Wynn and Agholor. The only loss in FA so far has been Meyers.
Ekuale can rush the QB, I'm really glad to see him back. Love that we've retained all our defensive FA's.

very good, I think thats the last guy we needed to resign.

So dmc and meyers are the only notable losses from last year?

He's one of the 2nd tier FA that I predicted would come back.
I was high on him at the end of '21, and he didn't quite flourish last year, but could end up making Guy expendable.
(Guy only has a $500k dead cap hit, while saving $3M if they let him go)

Underrated player but 3 mil a season seems steep. Good depth on the DL

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back