PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Keionta Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jordan Devey of defense for the 2018 Pats. He started like multiple September games & was a mess vs, the run/pass

Yup, never showed any improvement after winning a starting role and floundering. Sad. I was a huge fan during the leadup to the draft, but he didn't capitalize on his chances.

The Jordan Devey of defense for the 2018 Pats. He started like multiple September games & was a mess vs, the run/pass

Couldn't have put it better myself.

drgrayfang-so-it-begins-43346908.png

I never was a fan of his game. Not really particularly good at anything at this level.

Who's replacing him on the 90?

To me closer to Jake Bequette. Both had quite the measurables and were good athletes but just not football players.

To me closer to Jake Bequette. Both had quite the measurables and were good athletes but just not football players.
I think so much has to do w timing. Roster spots open? Healthy?

Davis was literally limping into the NFL. Tough start from the get go imo.

Like others have said tho I remember him just getting washed out too easy, too often.

I think so much has to do w timing. Roster spots open? Healthy?

To be fair he had maybe a better shot than a lot of others. Simon wasn't signed until the end of September last year. Many others only get a couple of shots during camp.

That's kinda the sad part about the roster limits in the NFL. I am sure there are many players with elite athletic potential who slipped through the cracks because teams just don't have the resources and roster spots to keep developing them. At some point you gotta be pragmatic and go with the high floor guy.

As an update: Davis and Harris were both Waived/Injured. I could see the Pats giving each player an injury settlement depending on the seriousness of the injury..

Hopefully an earlier release for Keionte Davis and Maurice Harris gives them a slightly better chance of being picked up.
More likely both revert to Patriots’ IR and negotiate an injury settlement later.

Hopefully an earlier release for Keionte Davis and Maurice Harris gives them a slightly better chance of being picked up.
More likely both revert to Patriots’ IR and negotiate an injury settlement later.

Injury settlements have to be done within 6 days, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing