PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots QB Tom Brady Downplays Last Week's Injury

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots QB Tom Brady Downplays Last Week's Injury
By: Ian Logue

Tom Brady said on WEEI on Monday that had last week's injury scare happened during the regular season, fans and media may have never even heard about it....

Yeah, we probably would've never heard about it.

In any case, Tom Brady echoed my exact thoughts when we all found out the MRI came back negative, that he needs to keep gettin reps in with Amendola and the rookies.

Some fans were hoping that Brady would sit out the preseason game just to be safe. TB12 says such a thing could hurt the success of the team and that injuries can happen anywhere and everywhere.

"Preseason is really your only game prep. It’s just hard to say, ‘Let’s just see what we have against Buffalo.’ You’ve got to put it in, you’ve got to see where you’re at in terms of game speeds, in terms of reads. Things are different in a game… One play in a regular-season game can cost you so you gotta try to work those kinks out as best you can before the season starts.”

Yes, yes, yes! Huge man crush happenin right now. Where has this guy been all my life?

Edit: Just listened to the entire interview. He has another really good quote, and I love it.

In regards to people askin Brady how he really feels about gettin older.

"My muscles just respond to the way I ask them to train. And I hope that I can spread that information to a lot of athletes, and to a lot of people over the rest of my life that, as you get older, you don't have to suck. It doesn't have to be that way."

I wanna be like him when I grow up! (Even though I'm already grown and 25. lol.)

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back