PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feckin Thanksdad again, Bill? Seriously? You should've re-signed Corey Levin, who is Infinity times better than that feckin weak-ass lightweight stiff...Feckin disgraceful...But I should not have been surprised; this is the same dude who has not just one but two of his kids on the staff...

Levin was given his tryout. If he had any value as a backup center, he would still be on the Practice Squad.

Levin was given his tryout. If he had any value as a backup center, he would still be on the Practice Squad.

Stop it, MG. You'll confuse Captain by using facts..

I am liking the flexability afforded by the new IR rules... its something that the league should consider adopting full time, 2020 onwards...

Pinckney is small by Patriots standards (5'11", 235), but probably would have been drafted if not for his March hip surgery. He said after going undrafted that he would wait to sign with a team until he was healthy, and that appears to be now.

Pinckney is small by Patriots standards (5'11", 235), but probably would have been drafted if not for his March hip surgery. He said after going undrafted that he would wait to sign with a team until he was healthy, and that appears to be now.

From: Patriots Sign LB Michael Pinckney to the Practice Squad; Release DL Xavier Williams from the Practice Squad
" The 6-foot-1, 220-pounder played in 49 games and totaled 267 tackles, 14 1/2 sacks, three interceptions, nine passes defensed and one fumble recovery during his four-year career at Miami."

Did he grow two inches and lose 15 pounds since he graduated? :)

Last edited:
From: Patriots Sign LB Michael Pinckney to the Practice Squad; Release DL Xavier Williams from the Practice Squad
" The 6-foot-1, 220-pounder played in 49 games and totaled 267 tackles, 14 1/2 sacks, three interceptions, nine passes defensed and one fumble recovery during his four-year career at Miami."

Did he grow two inches and lose 15 pounds since he graduated? :)

Gotta remember there is almost always a difference between Combine/Pro Day measurments and what's reported while they're actually playing at colleges.

Gotta remember there is almost always a difference between Combine/Pro Day measurments and what's reported while they're actually playing at colleges.

Agreed. At the combine Pinckney was 6'1" and 226 lbs. Dugger was 6'1" and 220 lbs. So he can be labeled a LB, but he is really a safety. Seems as though we are moving more towards 4 safety sets on the field.

Agreed. At the combine Pinckney was 6'1" and 226 lbs. Dugger was 6'1" and 220 lbs. So he can be labeled a LB, but he is really a safety. Seems as though we are moving more towards 4 safety sets on the field.
We tried the 4 safety plan in 2017 and it was a total disaster. It was the safeties more than the scheme though.

At the combine Pinckney stood 5-11-1/8" and weighed 235 lbs:

Shorter, thick and slow? Sounds like Elandon Roberts. Could do worse on an UDFA. Good luck Mr. Pinckney. We could use some fire and speed!

Combine numbers are better than Pro Day numbers. Those are absurd and I doubt any scout goes to Pro Days for the numbers,

Shorter, thick and slow? Sounds like Elandon Roberts. Could do worse on an UDFA. Good luck Mr. Pinckney. We could use some fire and speed!
Yep...and let's hope that Pinckney's instincts & game speed are better than Elandon's were.

I pulled the numbers off the Internet. This site clearly shows the Combine AND Pro Day numbers (both - scroll down). My numbers are the Combine #s which I trust, your stats are the Pro Day which I do not trust. But each to his own ......................................

Michael Pinckney Combine and Pro Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye