PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots now have 11 straight 10+ wins per season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
List of current National Football League consecutive playoff appearances - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I Googled it, that was the best link that I could find. The carts are pretty informative.

Only the 49'ers have more 10+ wins in consecutive seasons at 16. To me this is a big deal given how hard it is to win in the NFL. With the hard salary cap and FA, the 11 straight seasons may be more impressive than the 16.

Trying not to be a blind homer regarding this. However 11 straight years with 10+ years is very impressive given all the roster changes over the years.

am I wrong?

It's amazing when you take the 2008 season and this one. Most teams losing their QB in week 1 would fold, and this year while we have Brady we arguably lost out 2-5 most important players for large chunks of the season.

Belichick is quite simply the best coach in the game. Not even a debate, no one gets more out of their guys.

The loss of Vince, Mayo, Kelly, Seabass, and a host of others would undo most teams. Gronk being out for the first 6 games and now he appears to be out for the rest of the season.

The big loss took place after the draft and FA period. AH, the criminal, was being counted on to play a major role in the offense, and there was just no way the Patriots could replace that production.

Not sure how they accomplished that with BB being such a poor GM.

This is a feat that probably won't get its due for quite a few years. The reality is that doing this within the confines of the double-edged sword of free agency and the salary cap, eleven straight 10+ wins is nothing short of remarkable. Unfortunately most will likely not recognize it until it does not happen again over the next several years. Too many people still make comparisons of championship runs to the pre-cap/FA eras, with unrealistic expectations that some team today should be able to maintain superiority for a lengthy time just like the Packers or 49ers did.

List of current National Football League consecutive playoff appearances - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I Googled it, that was the best link that I could find. The carts are pretty informative.

Only the 49'ers have more 10+ wins in consecutive seasons at 16. To me this is a big deal given how hard it is to win in the NFL. With the hard salary cap and FA, the 11 straight seasons may be more impressive than the 16.

Trying not to be a blind homer regarding this. However 11 straight years with 10+ years is very impressive given all the roster changes over the years.

am I wrong?

Finding that wikipedia chart was great. It really makes the Brady-Manning era stand out.

Getting to 16 straight years with 10 or more wins to tie the 49ers seems almost impossible unless a Steve Young-type-QB emerges. Could Mallett be that guy?

Finding that wikipedia chart was great. It really makes the Brady-Manning era stand out.

Getting to 16 straight years with 10 or more wins to tie the 49ers seems almost impossible unless a Steve Young-type-QB emerges. Could Mallett be that guy?

I had some reservations about using that link. But the charts do seem accurate from what I know, and interesting to look at, not just for the Patriots, but to look back on all the prior years.

We take it for granted some times because we haven't won "the big one" in ten years

The Colts had a pretty darn good run too, of 12+ win seasons. Hey, this tells us one thing... Belichick and Brady are consistent winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back