PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots making calls about moving up in Round 2

With 11 picks this is expected.. either that or #2+ to be traded for Hopkins or Budda Baker

Dawand Jones
Josh Downs
Darnell Washington

I'd be happy with any of those three, whether they have to trade up or not.
Washington is to only one I would pay to move up for. Love Downs but at his size he is slot only and Schuster is there already.

Jump up and grab an OT? WR?

Top OTs

Bergeron
Mauch
Dawand Jones

Top WRs
Mingo
Jayden Reed
Jalin Hyatt
Tillman

Why would they need to move UP to get Mingo?

Warming up to Washington just due to the different skills he brings when compared to Henry and Gesicki.

Also, he's got untapped potential as a receiver. His got a ridiculously high ceiling if he puts it all together, but even if he doesn't, his floor as an elite blocker and decent pass catcher is high enough

Why would they need to move UP to get Mingo?

The only reason I could think is if they think there'll be a run on WR or they heard a team above them likes him

With 11 picks this is expected.. either that or #2+ to be traded for Hopkins or Budda Baker
Only thing is d hop doesn't mind altering his salary as he wants to go to a contender. Budda wants more money, something that definitely isn't going to happen here!

I am sure they are talking to 20 teams about moving up 12 spots or moving down 12 spots. Not to be too much of a wise arse but this is akin to water is wet.
30 teams- everyone but the J-E-T-S Jets Jest Jest

This might wind up meaning there’s someone they’re interested in very early. Or not, maybe their guy was already taken and they decided the cost wasn’t worth it.

Michael Mayer or Darnell.
We need a good blocking TE
Mayer was a 1st round projection all day with Darnell creeping into the 1st on some Mock’s

Dawand Jones if he is way ahead of what we can get in the 3rd
Obviously OT a huge need. Just don’t want to reach. I still want BPA.
We cannot miss in this draft. It is a pivotal draft for our Future success with our Division being loaded

I'm sure they will be calling every team ahead of the 46 pick to see if they could have moved up. I wonder if there is one specific player or just a group of players they want to move up to get.

Where will Levi’s Go.
NE, Ten, Min, TB, LA R. SF.
I can’t think of anywhere else.

I think there's a semi-high chance they'll jump up into the mid-30s and grab someone tonight. Maybe multiple 2nds. There are a lot of really solid players available that can help them right away in 2023 and fill needs.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back