PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots.com Time Machine - reliving the 2001 season

I'll start the thread off right.

Bill without Brady 0-2.

With Brady 11-3.

A lot fans don't know that the Pats attempted to trade for Holmes after Edwards got injured. I don't remember why it never materialized. They also attempted to trade with the Colts so they could take Edgerin James, but the Colts wanted him. They settled for Terry Allen which was made me cringe watching those torn up knees run. Holmes in NE would've been nuts.

I'll start the thread off right.

Bill without Brady 0-2.

With Brady 11-3.

A lot fans don't know that the Pats attempted to trade for Holmes after Edwards got injured. I don't remember why it never materialized. They also attempted to trade with the Colts so they could take Edgerin James, but the Colts wanted him. They settled for Terry Allen which was made me cringe watching those torn up knees run. Holmes in NE would've been nuts.
If Bledsoe didn't get hurt and Brady didn't replace him... I'd say 7-9 or 8-8. Last place schedule helps a little and the defense got much better near the end of the season.

Can't complain about Antowain Smith that year. Did a lot to help Brady early on. Was great in the Snow game and Super Bowl.

Antowain Smith, Baby!

If Bledsoe didn't get hurt and Brady didn't replace him... I'd say 7-9 or 8-8. Last place schedule helps a little and the defense got much better near the end of the season.
Does this mean that Cam was better than Bledsoe?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Too bad we’ll never know the truth about whether Belichick was really so high on Brady that he was looking for an excuse to start him even before Bledsoe was hurt.

Does this mean that Cam was better than Bledsoe?
Bledsoe was better at making me curse at the TV in the biggest moments

Too bad we’ll never know the truth about whether Belichick was really so high on Brady that he was looking for an excuse to start him even before Bledsoe was hurt.
We'll have to wait for the "Memoirs of Bill Belichick" by Little Steven to find out.

Oh man....of all Patriots Superbowl teams....the 2001 team is by far my most favorite....it was a TOTAL team effort....even Bledsoe made plays for us to get us to the big dance!

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back