PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots announce SEVEN captains for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the "knew Andrews & Harmon" were liked, but would never have predicted them being captains. Over Solder / DA ?

Hoping Slater's selection means he is good to go.

Wouldn't 7 captains be a Pats record?

Does that suggest there was a tie in the voting?

I was told (in no uncertain terms) that the Patriots were in big trouble due to internal strife. At first I scoffed, but now that I see how divided the voting was in the locker room--I mean, they couldn't even agree on captains!--I'm ready to believe kdog's dire warning. Team chemistry at an all time low this year. o_O

Woah Andrews and Harmon are shockers.

Tons of respect for both players.

I give it til week 3 before someone here refers to one of them as a JAG.

Duron Harmon has been classified as such, again and again.

He'll always be the most underrated player on that defense (and he took way less money to come back here). What he actually does and is asked to do is pretty impressive. McCourty's not an all-pro caliber safety without Duron Harmon.

Tremendous!

Andrews from UDFA fill-in, to beating Bryan Stork out for the starting job, to team captain. Tremendous rise and a tribute to him. Even with the little access we get to the players' interaction as fans, you could sense Andrews's natural leadership-- even as a rookie, the game was never too big for him, he seemed to connect with Brady right away. He is healthy and reliable, an iron man. He calls all the OL assignments and was doing it from Day One as a rookie. Has the makings of a franchise cornerstone, and may ultimately exceed Dan Koppen in the memory of fans.

Harmon, by all accounts, rallied the team during halftime of SB LI, with the certainty that they'd comeback and win. Nose for the big play and perfectly suited to playing in the new NFL game where the passing is everything.

Both players signed contract extensions this offseason and no wonder. The staff and team recognize what these guys bring, and fans are just starting to catch on to what they mean to the franchise.

Interesting that these younger guys got the vote, not the more senior veterans, like Branch or Chung or Solder. Just goes to show that the future is secure in Foxboro from a leadership perspective, for many years to come.

It's a tremendous honor to be elected as Captain. Harmon and Andrews must have super strong leadership potential.

Relatively young guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back