PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be upset with an OT. Depth always looks good on paper until a starter goes down, being dominant at OL or DL is never a bad thing.

I'm hoping Brown stays healthy and NE pays him big time, but him and Wynn are both FAs so makes sense

What is the depth at OT? Are there starter quality OT's in the 2nd or 3rd. We definitely need an OT. Where are the break points with regard to quality?

I suppose that we will need to pick up Wynn's option.

What is the depth at OT? Are there starter quality OT's in the 2nd or 3rd. We definitely need an OT. Where are the break points with regard to quality?

I suppose that we will need to pick up Wynn's option.

Good questions. Are we positioning for backup (where we still have Herron as an emerging player, and unproven options such as Cajuste), or do you think it's likely we want a year two starter when Wynn or Brown move on? I would prefer to pick up Wynn's option, but health may not make him a reliable long term player. I'm a fan of this OT class in general. Tons of solid players though the first three rounds. It does seem to drop off after that, however. I suspect we'll spend a top 100 pick on a swing tackle, and look to draft one high next year, depending on the development of players, the FA choices with Brown/Wynn, and the health of the team.

I'm not sure I've added much substantive to the conversation, but it's an intriguing discussion and should probably get more attention.

Absolutely want an OT and OG. When we've had a healthy, dominant O-line the last few years we've run all over teams. I like the way the roster looks now but one or two injuries is all it takes to change that. I feel like with the CB position, and OL, you're drafting for depth and a chance at a blue chip player, and so it's not a glaring need next year if a few of our guys go elsewhere.

We need to draft another offensive tackle, but no more under sized guys that break down every twenty minutes.

let’s get back to the volmer, solder and brown sized tackles.

I like brown of northern Iowa and Forsyth of Florida.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back