PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Hot Seat

You on the hot seat for giving me a second chance with the pick contesr

Yeah, but he got his coaching gig from under McDermott. So I would put him under that tree.

Ditto with Jim Schwartz. He coached under Bill, but his claim to fame was under Jeff Fisher.
Jim Schwartz was under Bill? Did not know that. Thanks.

Jim Schwartz was under Bill? Did not know that. Thanks.
Browns days. I thought he coached, but he was a Scout.

After being in the league for 30ish years a lot of players/coaches/player personnel guys can be kevin baconed to BB I would imagine
Many forget Rob Ryan was a coach here for a few years (2000-2003). He was pretty popular with the players. But I noticed he was more animated than ever when his teams would play the Pats. He'd fist pump on the sideline when he got a stop and would be absolutely demoralized when he'd lose to the Pats. My observation of him is that he really hated the Pats after he departed.

Last edited:
I can see the league hiring BB for next season. In the meantime I wouldn’t expect a trade and I think his time here is up. Enjoy what’s left of his run in NE even if the team makes it difficult.
True. He has no trade value because of his age and that everyone understands Kraft must get rid of him.

True. He has no trade value because of his age and that everyone understands Kraft must get rid of him.
Regardless if RKK has to or wants to, he either sits or teams pay for his services... Depending on the contract that is... BB might have a clause regarding his dismissal, or might not...

Many forget Rob Ryan was a coach here for a few years (2000-2003). He was pretty popular with the players. But I noticed he was more animated than ever when his teams would play the Pats. He'd fist pump on the sideline when he got a stop and would be absolutely demoralized when he'd lose to the Pats. My observation of him is that he really hated the Pats after he departed.
Not BB related but my favorite Pats player turned coach is Marty Schottenheimer

Not BB related but my favorite Pats player turned coach is Marty Schottenheimer
“There’s a gleam …”

Excellent coach, always liked him including his corniness, but the playoff record tho

Linebackers... Yeah... As for the hate I'm sure he's following his brothers lead on that... But he shouldn't... He's got two rings from his time in New England (vs 1 for his bro)...

GMs of the Cards and Broncos would be my guess.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back