PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tebow cut

10 sounds about right.

It was played as "determination" and "strength of character" at the time that Tebow insisted he would only play quarterback. It's interesting now to compare him with one of his college QB contemporaries, whose idea of determination was to throw himself into any opportunity on the field -- ST, WR, DB -- whatever it took to compete and win, even if he couldn't be The Man the way he was in college.

View attachment 34753

In fairness to Tebow, as a first round pick and Heisman winner, he had reason to believe he could do it... early in his career. I think once it became clear he wasn't going to get another starting QB gig, his response should have been to switch while his body was still at peak. You can get away with learning technique when you're young and your athleticism can make up for a bit of it. Trying that at 33? You need to be technically perfect and clearly he wasn't.

Also, I feel bad comparing anyone's drive and determination to Julian Edelman's. That man's body was made of 99% grit.

You think he needs handouts?

View attachment 34756
Don't know anything about his wife... she rich?

I'm just betting that he didn't exactly break the bank playing minor league baseball and being an occasional college football commentator for espn.

Tebow cut should not be much of a surprise, the last time he played and had meaningful stats was in 2011. He had a couple of cups of coffee with the Pats and the Eagles, but he refused the advice of many to move to TE in those days.

When he was with the Pats in 2013 I sat in the aluminum seats during TC. A mom and her son sat next to me, and it was obvious they knew nothing about football and the NFL. She told me she drove on over from Hartford because she wanted her son to be like Tebow or some other nonsense. That exemplified the drawing power of Tebow... a cultural phenomenon.

Tebow will do well no matter what he tries, he is the darling of many and is squeaky clean.. politics??

Good. He seems like a decent guy, and I rooted for him to somehow make the Pats squad, but lots of other players deserved this opportunity before him. He literally doesn't know how to block.

Knew from the beginning there was no way he was making it out of camp.

Another blow for those who have a lot invested in draft position:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back