PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks LB Lofa Tatupu on crutches after suffering knee injury in tonight's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This preseason has just gone crazy with injuries to key players and another tonight with Lofa Tatupu with a knee/lower leg injury suffered very early in the first half.

I love the way Tatupu plays and it would be horrible to see this guy out for the season or even for awhile.

He was spotted on crutches in the locker room after the game and has an MRI for tomorrow - The Preseason blows

We do play Seattle this season but I would have liked thier best out there playing,Lets hope Tatupu does not join another defensive standout like Umenyiora on the IR list this week without Lofa the Hawks are screwed at LB.

Besides, as a Patriots fan you gotta have some love for Mosi's kid ;)

Last edited:
Re: OT: Seahawks LB Lofa Tatupu on crutches after suffering knee injury in tonight's

This is too bad. I personally have mixed feelings. I understand what you say about Mosi's kid but Seattle's team is like a dentist's drill for me.

Re: OT: Seahawks LB Lofa Tatupu on crutches after suffering knee injury in tonight's

Crazy. I hope we play no-one who matters this week. Not happy about Tatupu but a redeeming factor is we do play Seattle this year.

This is too bad. I personally have mixed feelings. I understand what you say about Mosi's kid but Seattle's team is like a dentist's drill for me.

Yeah,Seattle is one of the least 'glamorous' teams you can think of in the NFL but I the few times they are on TV is a chance for me to just enjoy watching Lofa play as I think he is one of the most underated and best LBs in the game but has had injuries the past 2 years

I think all of us older Patriots fans can remember the days of dad Mosi playing as he was one of my favorites of all-time - The guy game 110% every game and it looks as if he has certainly passed the fire and passion of playing pro-ball in every play on down to his son.

Last edited:

Don't forget Matt Hasselback. His dad was a Patriot, also.
Why wasn't he playing? I heard a little of his interview on the phone, but I really wasn't paying much attention.

Why wasn't he playing? I heard a little of his interview on the phone, but I really wasn't paying much attention.

Matt is recovering from a back injury and so was rested for the pre-season. He'll be good to go when the regular season opens up, according to what I have read & heard.

I can't say that this pre-season has been any more difficult, injury-wise than any other year. but it sure does seem like it.

I have a lot of time for the Seahawks. They don't have any massive egos on the team, the coach is a very likeable guy, as is their QB, and they play good football on both sides of the ball.

Make no mistake about it, many of the fans are looking at San Diego and the Colts as our two toughest games this year - the Seahawks will play us as hard as the pair of those, and if we came away with the W, I'll be as ecstatic as I would be if we beat either of our two AFC rivals.

Hasselback played for BC.

I don't know if there have been more injuries during this preseason than the usual, but it does seem like more "STAR" players are getting banged up out there. At least it seems like that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes