PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pipe bomb explodes in NJ beach town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Blue&Red

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Seaside Hts NJ . A pipe bomb went off at 9:00 am, right before a Marine sponsored race (Semper Five). It was right near the beach. A place I go every Friday afternoon, with my bandmates, before we rehearse. They found multiple bombs that hadn't exploded. Apparently they were set to explode simultaneously, but failed to explode. There were no injuries, because the race was delayed on account of the high attendance. Device Explodes at Marine Race on Jersey Shore: Police

Seaside Hts NJ . A pipe bomb went off at 9:00 am, right before a Marine sponsored race (Semper Five). It was right near the beach. A place I go every Friday afternoon, with my bandmates, before we rehearse. They found multiple bombs that hadn't exploded. Apparently they were set to explode simultaneously, but failed to explode. There were no injuries, because the race was delayed on account of the high attendance. Device Explodes at Marine Race on Jersey Shore: Police

Glad no one got hurt.

Thankfully no one hurt. Guess even smaller towns/events have to secure areas now similar to NYC, Boston and other obvious targets.

Definitely a bit alarming. My parents live like 5 miles away, and my brother (a Marine) lives 2 minutes from me in Manasquan like 15 miles north of Seaside. I was out running here last night. Any of us easily could have been there.

any idea who did it?

Wow, my old stomping grounds as a teenager

In recent years, one of my treasured hobbies is travel. And I've had great times in NY, Boston & many European countries. This is just another reminder that one of the things I most enjoy is becoming increasingly dangerous.

Makes me very sad. I have so much more to see & explore. Yet some want to ruin it for everyone. Angry & frustrated.

In recent years, one of my treasured hobbies is travel. And I've had great times in NY, Boston & many European countries. This is just another reminder that one of the things I most enjoy is becoming increasingly dangerous.

Makes me very sad. I have so much more to see & explore. Yet some want to ruin it for everyone. Angry & frustrated.

It's awful. But these things seem to be happening anywhere (it's what the terrorists want you to believe).

So, unless home is somewhere in the woods in New Hampshire, nowhere is safe so you may as well travel and not give in to the b*st*rds.

(I've been in the UK, France and Germany on the day of attacks -- though not in the same city -- but I was also in Boston for the Marathon bombings.)

It's awful. But these things seem to be happening anywhere (it's what the terrorists want you to believe).

So, unless home is somewhere in the woods in New Hampshire, nowhere is safe so you may as well travel and not give in to the b*st*rds.

(I've been in the UK, France and Germany on the day of attacks -- though not in the same city -- but I was also in Boston for the Marathon bombings.)

Yo Mike, stay outta my back yard will you!

I live in nowhereLand. I could easily stay here and never be present or near a terrorist attack. But I go to Europe once a year. And I wish to continue to do so. I am pretty sure I will. I know not only Europe is at risk - but I mention it because it's been a frequent target recently & happens to be the continent I prefer visiting.

I was at a "black light run" last night with my kids and I couldn't help but think how easy it would have been for someone to do something like this. After the race there were 1500 people crammed into a parking lot dancing to a dj and practically no security. Scary.

And now there's word of an explosion in NYC. Damn!

just let the Marines handle the investigation

That's actually illegal. Short of an insurrection or natural disaster it's generally illegal for the armed forces to be used for domestic law enforcement.

There is no preventing small attacks like the ones today. Hope they realize what they're asking for.

Don't think it's going to be the large typical war they want either. My guess is we'll eventually stop being PC and end up leveling 'em.

If they choose this type of attack, the only way the Middle East doesn't become a parking lot is if the overwhelming number of "good" Middle Easterners save themselves by killing the radicals themselves.

I know it sounds ignorant, but eventually it becomes survival of the fittest. (And they're not very fit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft