PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Notre Dame football broadcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunescribe asks a valid question,

I do not see the appeal of ND.

You don’t love watching ND lose? You don’t love watching the same old crap from Brian Kelly every single year with his vanilla offense. It doesn’t make you laugh that 8-10 wins has become satisfactory at ND.

I thought everyone loved to hate ND

They’re also broadcast nationally on NBC so I could see them getting national radio coverage as well. (I bet NBC can’t wait to get out from under that contract.) I haven’t looked at ratings but I’d imagine abc and cbs kill them due to broadcasting better games.
LOL! They recently extended the contract for 10 years. So I think NBC is quite happy with the arrangement.

In my car this afternoon I checked sports radio and the only choices were Notre Dame vs. Vanderbilt (98.5 Sports Hub) or Bankofamericasox (93.7 WEEI). Couldn't deal with either of them so I switched to local news of the guy getting killed by a shark on the Cape/gas explosions/fatal plane crash in Bedford.

But I was wondering: is Notre Dame football truly THAT significant to people in this area? I understand it's a legacy team synonymous with college football in general, but Notre Dame is almost halfway across the country from Massachusetts and this isn't exactly a college football-crazy area to start with. With the Pats under way and the baseball team doing well, why does Sports Hub opt for something like Notre Dame coverage vs. timely weekend talk about the local teams? Heck, they could even include talk of the region's college grid teams as part of the mix.

So yesterday I'm at the gym doing a weights circuit and there are both these things on TV. I catch Bankofamericasox with some guy at bat with a couple guys on base and decide to rest my aging bod a minute between sets and see what happens. After several minutes of excruciating slow between pitches, guy stepping out of the batter's box, foul balls, whatever I give up before anything happens and move on reminded why I gave up on watching baseball decades ago.

LOL! They recently extended the contract for 10 years. So I think NBC is quite happy with the arrangement.

That’s crazy to me. Who needs to watch bama-Georgia or Ohio st-Michigan when we can all tune in to watch Notre Dame-Navy.

Bride and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Shrewsbury yesterday for a couple beers, wings and Red Sox. Local 1440 radio in the car had Holy Cross instead of the Sox and the reception for FM was worse than the AM signal so we can't listen on the way. We sit at the bar and have to ask for the Sox to be put on the tv nearest, in view of my Brides beloved Keno! The big screens have ND on and that's what the audio was tuned to. Asked if they could switch it up because the Sox being the local team. We finished our warm beer and left!

I need to get my antenna trimmed or tuned......

That’s crazy to me. Who needs to watch bama-Georgia or Ohio st-Michigan when we can all tune in to watch Notre Dame-Navy.
Lame response. Alabama doesn't play Georgia every week, nor does OSU play Michigan every week. (Actually, under the current arrangement, Alabama and Georgia only play once every 5 years or so during the regular season - so try harder next time and at least come up with a regular season matchup that actually takes place)

Everyone has their share of marquee games and everyone has their share of clunkers. Notre Dame certainly plays their fair share of marquee games. They have a huge top-10 matchup against Stanford later this month. But I guess you'll be enjoying Alabama versus Louisiana instead. (Oh and that's the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns of the mighty Sun Belt Conference, not Louisiana State)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft