PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: New Chargers logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for actualchargerfan to chime in lol

It really is Lame and an omen for true Charger fans. They will now have their own @AzPatsFan plastering their boards with historic injustice rhetoric. :D

Just kidding AZ.

I don't know what Spanos's marketing people tell him, but I just don't see how this move benefits either the Chargers or the NFL over the long haul.

I don't know what Spanos's marketing people tell him, but I just don't see how this move benefits either the Chargers or the NFL over the long haul.

It's a money grab, pure and simple. Move to LA and get to use a stadium the Rams are paying to build and you get to sell luxury boxes and seat licenses. Should double the value of the franchise, just like the Rams, even after you pay off the relocation fee (which is usually paid off in installments).

That's the theory at least. I have a hard time seeing people/corporations paying the huge fees for PSLs/boxes, but who knows, years from now they might seem to be good investments.

Personally I'd be OK with it turning out to be a huge mistake.

That logo is dead, per various reports.

But my favorite tweet about it has to be this one:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back