PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: MNF KC vs. LV

But if they make the 2 pt conversion, they don't even need to score again. It was the correct call. Only wimps play not to lose.
Yes that too.

The players love coaches with cojones. They want the coaches to trust them and have their backs. It's a game of alpha males not old decrepit saggy titted men or ****ified wimps.

Players love coaches that win. The Raiders lost and are 1 - 4. All your male testosterone tonight goes for not. Raiders lost and you think the players love McDaniels. Hint: The Raiders are still 1 - 4 and the playoffs are based on the team' s record, not its coach's perceived cojones. Players want to be in the playoffs.

Players love coaches that win. The Raiders lost and are 1 - 4. All your male testosterone tonight goes for not. Raiders lost and you think the players love McDaniels. Hint: The Raiders are still 1 - 4 and the playoffs are based on the team' s record, not its coach's perceived cojones. Players want to be in the playoffs.
The players know they failed their coach. They're fine with the call.

But losers do make it.

That's on Josh.
You clearly don't understand the intricacies of modern analytics. It's a science. Like Astrology.

I think players always want to go for 2 if they're allowed a choice no matter the circumstances.

Josh just lost his mind.

Raiders get a TD and the score is 30-29 KC with 4 minutes left.

Rather than kick the XP, he goes for the 2 point conversion and messes it up.

Now, KC was still going to get the ball, but now they can run it out, no pressure, because they're already ahead. They're not playing to score any more.

This is beyond dumb.

WOW
Blame BB. McD rolled the dice with the bumhole-ytics and lost. This is the kind of thing that will reduce the patience of an owner (and the owner's family and friends who will start screaming for McD's head) and lead to a quicker firing unless he turns the ship around. That being said, I totally get going for it from an analytics standpoint - plus this is Vegas, baby, Vegas!

I think players always want to go for 2 if they're allowed a choice no matter the circumstances.
That's certainly for the offense. I wonder if the decision affects the defense (morale) in any way - like a loss of confidence that they can make a stop.

Yeah I’m sure the players would rather have their coaches trust as opposed to the win…

Blame BB.

Didn't realize Belichick was coaching the raiders last night. The fact that you say blame Belichick when people like you were probably whining when they didn't go for it on 4th against the packers is rich.

Its ok. Im sure the fan base of the team he coaches will be forgiving and patient

Didn't realize Belichick was coaching the raiders last night. The fact that you say blame Belichick when people like you were probably whining when they didn't go for it on 4th against the packers is rich.

Absolutely no chance BB would have gone for the lead on a 2-point conversion when he has the chance to tie it with an XP.

Last edited:
1. If he makes 2 pts, they take the lead.
2. If they stop KC, which they did, then
3. They can run out the clock for the win w/o having to drive it down the field for a score.

It just takes cojones to make that call. Bill wouldn't have made that call.
Because Bill is not nuts. At 30 - 30 youre still in the game headed to OT if nobody scores again in regulation.

You take the PAT, tie it up and put the game on KC's latest Kicker who already missed one.

Josh "Roulette Wheel" McDaniels

A bettor in Vegas took LV and the 7 points and laid down $100,000

I don't love going to OT with KC, didn't mind the call. They still nearly won.

Blame BB. McD rolled the dice with the bumhole-ytics and lost. This is the kind of thing that will reduce the patience of an owner (and the owner's family and friends who will start screaming for McD's head) and lead to a quicker firing unless he turns the ship around. That being said, I totally get going for it from an analytics standpoint - plus this is Vegas, baby, Vegas!

What are the analytics on getting fired at your 2nd NFL head coaching job?

I don't love going to OT with KC, didn't mind the call. They still nearly won.

Nearly won means they lost. No such thing as "nearly won".

Probably would have leaned the other way myself but it was an understandable call. The late game 2 pt attempts that really puzzle me are the ones in low scoring games where you really shouldn't even expect it to be converted.

There was also enough time on the clock in last night's game to make up for failing the conversion, and they did ultimately get (and squander) that opportunity.

McKenny Rodgers is talking out of both sides of his mouth. He states that he wanted to go for the win because KC had gained momentum in the 2nd half. So, you convert the 2 pointer and go up by 1 POINT!

KC gets the ball with over 4 minutes left in the game. Remember them? The team that has momentum. The team that drove down and kicked 3 points in 17 seconds?

If LV had the ball last like last night tied 30 - 30, at the very worst its OT if you dont score again. Down 29 - 30 you must score to win

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back