PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lions fear Stafford is done for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
PFT

Preliminary tests showed a Grade 3 separation of Stafford's right shoulder.

Kowalski reports that Stafford is expected to confer with Dr. James Andrews, who treated Stafford when he suffered a Grade 2 separation in Week One of the 2010 season.

If it's indeed a Grade 3 separation, Stafford likely will require surgery, and he almost definitely will be done for the year.

This would certianly weaken our Thanksgiving day opponent.

I don't know Drew Stanton has struck fear in the heart of quite a few defenders.

If he didn't get knocked out the Lions probably would have beat the Jets.

Sorry to hear it for him and for Lions fans, but since we are playing them in a few weeks, I can't say I'm all bent up over it!

How so?This team maded Colt McCoy look like a season vet.

If he didn't get knocked out the Lions probably would have beat the Jets.

Seems to me he shouldn't even have been relevant. That decision to throw the screen late was so ridiculous. If ever there was a time to run the ball into the pile and sit on the clock, that was it.

How so?This team maded Colt McCoy look like a season vet.

McCoy looked like a seasoned vet vs. the Steelers too. He completed 69.7% of his passes for 281 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INTs vs. the vaulted Steelers defense. Other than the 2 INTs (one was desperation 3rd and 9 attempt down by 11 just after the two minute warning in the fourth), you can argue he played better vs. the Steelers than he did vs. the Pats.

I'm picking up Drew Stanton to be my fantasy QB on Thanksgiving.

We're doomed, I tell you. Doomed.

The most concerning part about this injury is how unremarkable the insult was to his shoulder. Slowly fell down to the ground without anybody on top of him.

If Pats can't beat Lions...they really are bad.....

Especially after this news..:rocker:

The lions have played everyone tough.They should have beaten the jets and chicago.It will be a tough game.They are a much better team then the browns.

Talk about glass...this kid has made Maroney seem like the picture of durability. 2 years...13 games...$72M conctact...

Why do they fear he's done? they win just as much w/o him as they do with him. Its not like they are paying him a ton of money guaranteed to sit there hurt 3 times a year.............

That's too bad, I think he's better than Sanchez on a far worse team.

2010 Stats
59.4 Completion %
535 yards
6 TD
1 INT
91.3 Rating

Oh, the Brady-Stanton drama :lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes