PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Link: the Rams and Cap Hell

The thing about cap hell is that if you cut bait you can be out in a year, 2 at the worst (in the event you are in so deep you can’t afford the dead money of all the cuts) Then the dead money is gone the next year and you can rebuild.
The problem most teams have is they stop at half measures and draw out the problem.
Then you have the rams who also traded away all their picks.
Or the Saints, who keep going way over the future cap.

The thing about cap hell is that if you cut bait you can be out in a year, 2 at the worst (in the event you are in so deep you can’t afford the dead money of all the cuts) Then the dead money is gone the next year and you can rebuild.
The problem most teams have is they stop at half measures and draw out the problem.
Then you have the rams who also traded away all their picks.
I was gonna say, not only did they pay a bunch of FA's, they also traded away more 1st round picks than I can ever remember one team doing, so they not only lack cap space, they're also not reaping the draft rewards of being bad.

I was gonna say, not only did they pay a bunch of FA's, they also traded away more 1st round picks than I can ever remember one team doing, so they not only lack cap space, they're also not reaping the draft rewards of being bad.
Yes, there will start over. I suspect that their fans are fine with the past 6 years. They had a great 5 year run, and now must continue to pay.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back