PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kraft lost a huge chunk of money in the FTX scam

The fund donated 1 billion to dems. How much went to RINO's?
Uh--no.

If SBF ever had a billion in his pocket, he would have run off to someplace and hide.

He donated $37m to Dems and roughly the same to the GOP. His sidekicks both donated $20m+, one to Dems the other to the GOP.

$1 billion is an absurd amount of money for anyone to spend on political campaigns.

There are 535 congresspeople and taken all together, $7b is spent on congressional campaigns. If SBF donated $1b, that would mean he donated a 3rd of all funds for Dems. Which is absurd.

Kraft had over 600k shares. Don't know when he got them but I hope he didn't go in with Brady back when Brady dove in. The Brady commercial was announced in Sept. 2021 when each FTX share was worth $73. Brady bought a huge stake around that time, 1.8m shares with Gisele, but part of it was his signing bonus for the commercials.

Hopefully, Kraft jumped in much sooner than that.

Because if he came in around the time that Brady bought in, that could be a loss of $44 million for Kraft.
Thinking about the Orchids and the show Firefly, I'm wondering how much it would cost to have a full live in "Companion" with full benefits/dental, and have to be on call to "work" for 8 hours of the day.

$53 million is what I heard. Most are saying it’s less. But Brady and his ex wife supported this creature in a very public way. They should wear a cone of shame for a week or something.

This is a story with legs.

Kraft made it back in the time it took me to read this thread.

Uh--no.

If SBF ever had a billion in his pocket, he would have run off to someplace and hide.

He donated $37m to Dems and roughly the same to the GOP. His sidekicks both donated $20m+, one to Dems the other to the GOP.

$1 billion is an absurd amount of money for anyone to spend on political campaigns.

There are 535 congresspeople and taken all together, $7b is spent on congressional campaigns. If SBF donated $1b, that would mean he donated a 3rd of all funds for Dems. Which is absurd.

Elon Musk knew unlike many others that this guy was a fraud and disagrees with you.

Of course SBF suggested he could donate a billion to Dems last year. He did try to walk this statement back after he got busted. 10b is missing where did it go?

Uh--no.

SBF is just a vehicle being used to usher in federal intervention into the crypto space.
It’s the long game and all the hogs are at the trough.

Elon Musk knew unlike many others that this guy was a fraud and disagrees with you.

Of course SBF suggested he could donate a billion to Dems last year. He did try to walk this statement back after he got busted. 10b is missing where did it go?
You know Musk isn't credible, right? I can come up with 10 absolutely false things the guy has posted in 2 minutes.

BTW, Musk pumps dogecoin, which is just as bad as FTX.

I'll say it again: $1b is 7x more than anyone has ever given. The most George Soros, for instance, has ever given is $170m over a 2 year period, and he's the top donor.

SBF is just a vehicle being used to usher in federal intervention into the crypto space.
It’s the long game and all the hogs are at the trough.
The Feds will make their own bitcoin before they regulate this space.

The Feds are all ex-bankers, and the last thing they want is competition for payment clearance from an outside clearance system.

Last edited:
You know Musk isn't credible, right? I can come up with 10 absolutely false things the guy has posted in 2 minutes.

BTW, Musk pumps dogecoin, which is just as bad as FTX.

I'll say it again: $1b is 7x more than anyone has ever given. The most George Soros, for instance, has ever given is $170m over a 2 year period, and he's the top donor.

Musk has disclosed more dishonesty than anyone else in this country by publishing the twitter files, what are you even talking about. SBF bragged about the 1B number also.

Musk has disclosed more dishonesty than anyone else in this country by publishing the twitter files, what are you even talking about. SBF bragged about the 1B number also.
Musk is relentless with his lies. Just last night he went in with Dinesh D'Souza (a guy who has been in jail for campaign finance fraud) for uncovering a Democratic voter fraud scandal. It was one guy who was the Republican chair of his local Republican party.

I've got dozens and dozens of these.

Show me the link where SBF said that. This link provided above (Elon Musk Suggests Sam Bankman-Fried Donated More Than $1 Billion to Democrats – This is What Happened) is just falsehoods and innuendo. The kind of thing shameless journalists would publish, and Musk excels at this sort of thing.

"Musk disclosed more dishonest than anyone else..."

Are you serious?

There's a ton of serious journalism in this country.

Uncovering the basic details of corporate legal decisions after you bought the company, and wildly not just publishing the info yourself, but instead using a blogger to republish it WHEN you own a media unit yourself, that's just laughable.

I don't think anyone who got fleeced by this **** is smart.
I'm pretty sure that Larry David is smart even though I never met him. Same with Tom Brady.

What that guy did is embezzlement more than a fleecing. He took money as an investment and stole it for his own purposes.

Cap value = how much a player costs against the cap in a given year.

Cash = the actual dollar amount the player will receive in a given year.

Prorated bonuses and guarantees factor in. This is the factor that BB was referring to when quoting the cash spent by the team being on the low side. The Pats are always rumored to have a budget for cash to spend on a given year that is impacted by all in expenses. This amount was impacted by the building of Patriot Place.
The last rumor that I heard was that the Pats were 31st in real spending, whatever that means.

I'm pretty sure that Larry David is smart even though I never met him. Same with Tom Brady.

What that guy did is embezzlement more than a fleecing. He took money as an investment and stole it for his own purposes.

A guy who makes jokes and a guy who thought concussion tonic water was a thing and whose personal trainer is a guy who said his products could cure cancer.

One is a great comedian, another is a great football player. Doesn't mean they're smart enough to see the house of cards that the entire crypto economy - exchanges and all - was contingent on, along with the slew of shady folks associated with it. It was people trying to make money quick.

Just listen to an interview of Friedman explaining his philosophy to it all: it is literal gibberish. Point being, the writing was on the wall.

I think it is hilarious how the #1 selling point the crypto-krishnas love to point out is how unregulated the whole thing is and free of government control. Then when tons of people get completely ripped off, who do they go running to?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back