PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jonas Gray - life after missed meeting w NFL glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
thin lines..

Three years ago, Jonas Gray had one of the best games by a running back in NFL history, rushing for 201 yards and four touchdowns in a Patriots win over the Colts in November 2014, with his photo gracing the cover of that week's issue of Sports Illustrated. The following Friday after his big game, Gray was late for practice..

On Wednesday, the same day the Patriots arrive in Tampa to play the Bucs on Thursday night, the 27-year-old former Notre Dame star was in Hillsborough County jail for failure to pay child support.
____

full article: Ex-Patriots RB Jonas Gray jailed for not paying child support

Has anyone in the media tried to use losing Jonas Gray as a reason for this team being 2-2 yet?

Unfortunately for Jonas Gray, his play that day made far more money for other people (Draft Kings), than he did for himself.

Also, let's not pretend professional athlete child support figures are either justifiable, or sustainable after the athlete is finished in the league. I just hope the judge didn't take into account his 4 touchdown performance in assessing ongoing child support.

He was actually a binkie of mine...ugh!!!!
Lol I recall people saying “We don’t need Blount, we have Gray” just like they did with Bolden in 2013. Shame he flamed out here, wasn’t anything special but he hit the holes and didn’t dance at the line.

His NFL career was one shining moment which is over.

His personal life thus far is a failure. Not sure what kind of degree he achieved at ND or other skills he has but it might be time to start applying it so he can support his child and make a legitimate effort to be a responsible adult.

Loser

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts.......

Talk about a one hit wonder.

Lol I recall people saying “We don’t need Blount, we have Gray” just like they did with Bolden in 2013. Shame he flamed out here, wasn’t anything special but he hit the holes and didn’t dance at the line.
Yeah, he seemed to do exactly what he was told, and just followed his blocks (I can't recall if I got that impression from the announcer pointing it out or not). Everything but showing up late one day seemed to scream a guy that was "do[ing his] job" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back