Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is Eli Manning making more than he is worth?

• Yes

Votes: 76 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is Eli Manning over paid?

Eli was rewarded for that Super Bowl win where he actually played pretty mediocre football and on the last drive should have been picked off twice. He has never been more than an above average QB in this league and is too inconsistent in his play.

coughlin was rewarded as well. without spagnuolo, he hasn't done much

Coughlin is being overpaid.

This would be like asking if a bear craps in the woods...

I voted no. At the time of his contract he got what the market would bear. It's easy to claim someone is overpaid a couple of years into their deal. It's likely common for players to have some down years in the contract's life. I'm more comfortable calling him overpaid after the contract is up. Right now he's just another athlete making more money than he deserves like a great many others. The future may prove differently.

I voted no. At the time of his contract he got what the market would bear. It's easy to claim someone is overpaid a couple of years into their deal. It's likely common for players to have some down years in the contract's life. I'm more comfortable calling him overpaid after the contract is up. Right now he's just another athlete making more money than he deserves like a great many others. The future may prove differently.

Just because you get what the market will bear, doesn't mean you deserve what the market will bear. If i'm not performing to the top of my abilities, my company won't give me the best raise possible... Should be the same no matter what corporation you work for.

And he's not "a couple years into his contract" he got it just this season IIRC.

Coughlin is being overpaid.

This.

And this poll is stupid, There should be a third voting option for undecided.

There is no elite receiver on the Giants roster. The Giants running game is atrocious.

I despise the Giants, not as much as the Jets but I'm not going to start dishing players for no good reason.

where is the "dear God yes!" option? I think that contract was incredibly stupid. I realize the Giants were afraid of losing him and being left with nothing, but at the same time they gave up the options of re-signing him at a reasonable price or finding a cheap replacement who is just as good. And if I remember correctly they still had him locked up for a couple years when they gave him the silly deal.

That is a ton of money to pay a QB who needs great defense and a great running game to win.

Eli was rewarded for that Super Bowl win where he actually played pretty mediocre football and on the last drive should have been picked off twice. He has never been more than an above average QB in this league and is too inconsistent in his play.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS! Asante and Rodney both dropped easy INTs. Eli constructed a drive built off of two awful drops by the defense and the most outstanding/ridiculous/lucky catch ever by Tyree. Yet it made him a "winner."

Not generalissimo cranky pants...

I don't even feel mean saying this, but seeing Coughlan on the verge of tears makes me smile.

Very easy.....I say yes.

No - the Giants just had a bad game all around(their D looked horrible), and the Broncos just played out of their minds at home, and on the national spotlight coming off a 4 game skid.

Giants should make the playoffs, just looking at their remaining schedule. Their next 2 are hosting their NFCE rivals Dallas and Philly, and then they'll to Washington(Jim Zorn will find another way to lose), and then fading Carolina at home afterwards, and the Minnesota should have wrapped up what they needed by the last week of the season.

This.

And this poll is stupid, There should be a third voting option for undecided.

There is no elite receiver on the Giants roster. The Giants running game is atrocious.

I despise the Giants, not as much as the Jets but I'm not going to start dishing players for no good reason.

Giants have a very young, albeit very good receiving corps - Mario Manningham has come along, Steve Smith is a sure handed 3rd down receiver, and Hicks has alot of upside.

When all is said and done, Giants will likely finish 10-6 and make the playoffs.

YES...Goober #2 (Payaton is goober# 1) had a nice short run that he cashed in on.

He;s a good QB, but not a great one. I'm not sure a good QB CAN be overpayed.

Every time I see Eli Manning and the Giants play, I feel sick knowing we choked away perfection in SB42.

I'll preface this by saying I hate the Giants. But....

How the hell can you say you choked away perfection in Super Bowl 42? It's nobody on the Pats fault that Manning escaped the sack and Tyree made a miracle catch. You got beat. Plain and simple.

Manning IS overrated. But you guys got beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back