PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Golden State Warriors Sputtering Toward the End

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
For those that watch the NBA, it's interesting to see how the Warriors are playing their worst ball as they're coming to the end of an almost historic season.

Looks very much like the end of the 2007 season for the Patriots. They may get to 73 wins, but just like the Patriots, they are playing their worst ball of the season as they approach the end.

Being this good apparently wears on a team.

And that's why I get to say that I hope the Cs are the 2007 Giants. :)

And that's why I get to say that I hope the Cs are the 2007 Giants. :)

We'll have to wait and see. The Warriors still have to win all their remaining games to surpass the 96' Bulls

Warriors' remaining schedule:

April 7 vs. Spurs
April 9 @ Grizzlies
April 10 @ Spurs
April 13 vs. Grizzlies

I'll be very surprised if they can pull it off

Wow - 2 home losses in the last 5 days? Did Minnesota follow the Celtics blueprint at all (turn the game into an ugly brawl)?

Last edited:
They'll get 70 wins but I get the feeling they're just playing out time given home court is all but sewn up. When the Warriors decide to play, nobody, not even including this juggernaut Spurs outfit appears capable of stopping them.

They look exhausted, point blank. The deep run in the playoffs last year, the success this year, the talk about them breaking the Bulls win record, etc. all look to be weighing them down. I suspect we will see a renewed team in the playoffs once they get a sense of urgency again. If I was Kerr, I'd shut them down with the one seed locked up and let them rest. They look like they need it.

They'll get 70 wins but I get the feeling they're just playing out time given home court is all but sewn up. When the Warriors decide to play, nobody, not even including this juggernaut Spurs outfit appears capable of stopping them.
Au contraire Pierre....Popovich is the NBA's version of BB and he went with a small lineup not starting Duncan for only the third time in his career and beat the Warriors.. I'm curious to see how he approaches the next two games,as an experiment for the playoffs or playing it close to the vest..

Yeah not a good look for them, hope they turn it around and break the record. Anything to shut the Jordan stans up.

Au contraire Pierre....Popovich is the NBA's version of BB and he went with a small lineup not starting Duncan for only the third time in his career and beat the Warriors.. I'm curious to see how he approaches the next two games,as an experiment for the playoffs or playing it close to the vest..
On their home court and believe me, even as a fan of the Celtics, I'm a fan of Pop and the way he goes about it (basically for your comparison). The Spurs are the NBA version of the Pats. That said, as high as I am on the Spurs, they don't have anyone (bar Kawhi) who is athletic enough to defend Curry 1 on 1. It's pretty much why they were rotating and getting bodies on him during their last match up which resulted in his poor shooting. On the flipside, Kerr is proving he's a damn good coach and he won't let the Spurs get away with that approach again.

At the beginning of the season, I picked the Spurs to go all the way. Their starting 5 is excellent and they run deep on the bench I just can't see them beating the Warriors when the Warriors are in full flight in a best of 7.

They need to forget about this record and rest.

As a lifetime Chicago Bulls fan I hope they don't break the 72-10 mark. That Bulls team would stomp GS.

I think they would beat them in 6 or so games but not stomp them.

Offensively GS is a better team. Defensively it's not even close.

Those 91-98 Bulls teams were born and raised from the beatings at the hands of the Detroit Pistons.

I think GS is just a little fatigued over the regular season. When the playoffs come they will be fine. There are lots of NBA champs that were mailing it in at the end of the season.

On their home court and believe me, even as a fan of the Celtics, I'm a fan of Pop and the way he goes about it (basically for your comparison). The Spurs are the NBA version of the Pats. That said, as high as I am on the Spurs, they don't have anyone (bar Kawhi) who is athletic enough to defend Curry 1 on 1. It's pretty much why they were rotating and getting bodies on him during their last match up which resulted in his poor shooting. On the flipside, Kerr is proving he's a damn good coach and he won't let the Spurs get away with that approach again.

At the beginning of the season, I picked the Spurs to go all the way. Their starting 5 is excellent and they run deep on the bench I just can't see them beating the Warriors when the Warriors are in full flight in a best of 7.

They need to bring the game to a grinding halt.

If they had 2007 Tim Duncan they could but since they don't I tend to agree.

I can. The Warriors are tired and ragged. They've been essentially playing playoff basketball for the last three months since everyone that they have faced has given them 110%. When you're that weary from an entire season, a lesser team can always win (which is what the Spurs are). The 2007 Giants are an example of that. I'm just happy the Cavs aren't going to beat whoever gets to the Finals again, personally. LeBron isn't beating either the Spurs or the Warriors. I actually hope the Heat play the Cavs at some point in the playoffs. Either them or the Celtics. Both teams can take the Cavs deep, possibly to Game 7's. They could also win too if the referees decide not to stick their noses in the action.

Yeah, that ain't happening.

Kind of makes me wish the Pats and Giants played a seven-game series in 2007...

It should. At this point, rest would be much better for them than going for the record.

I can. The Warriors are tired and ragged. They've been essentially playing playoff basketball for the last three months since everyone that they have faced has given them 110%. When you're that weary from an entire season, a lesser team can always win (which is what the Spurs are). The 2007 Giants are an example of that. I'm just happy the Cavs aren't going to beat whoever gets to the Finals again, personally. LeBron isn't beating either the Spurs or the Warriors. I actually hope the Heat play the Cavs at some point in the playoffs. Either them or the Celtics. Both teams can take the Cavs deep, possibly to Game 7's. They could also win too if the referees decide not to stick their noses in the action.
I wouldn't count the Cavs out, definitively not the favorites but, after that effort last season when it was LeBron n' scrubs I definitively won't count them out.

They do look tired...and after a season full of blowouts where Curry/Thompson/Green in particular could sit out most or all of the 4th quarters of games, it definitely is wearing on them that they're ending up in close games with inferior teams with those guys logging 40+. I wouldn't agree with Kerr shutting it down for "rest" though, once they get to the playoffs they're done with back-to-back and 3 games in 4 nights and all that, and they'll probably stomp the Jazz in 4/5 games and get a week off before round 2. Kerr should let them decide if they want it and let them go for it. Even tying the record is quite an accomplishment. Draymond Green saying they're "tired of the regular season" after the game certainly sounds like the grind has caught up with them. Tough games ahead, SA is good even if they're resting a few guys, and Memphis needs to win for playoff seeding.

All things considered I wouldn't bet on anyone beating prime era Jordan/Pippen. In a 7-game series they'd be able to keep the intensity up on the perimeter defense with MJ, Pip, Rodman and Ron Harper. Replace Luc Longley with Toni Kukoc to play with the Warriors small ball group, and shuffle in the Warriors coach to shoot some 3's. They had enough good shooters to keep pace with the Warriors 3-point onslaught. I think GS could take a game or two off them, but beat them? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down