PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Gold Medal Olympic Hockey Game

Canada won in OT. They are just too deep and talented. Nobody can really stop Crosby one on one. That was an individual superstar play that you just can't stop. It's no wonder the kid led the Pens to the Stanley Cup.

Last edited:
Great game USA.
Down here in downtown Vancouver, they're going nuts.

-Jamman

Still team USA fought hard. They have a lot to be proud of getting the silver. No reason to hang their heads. They took Canada to the brink, OT. They just couldn't seal the deal.

Last edited:
Canada is America's hat.

Phil Kessel .... :bricks:

Great game. Of course I'm happy Canada won. But I was really impressed with this US team, especially how they reacted to their silvers. Nobody looked happy to get this far, nobody looked happy to settle for silver.

The US won the world juniors, and their Olympic team was so close to winning a gold. The hockey program is really coming along, and you guys should really be proud of your team.

Great game! Good job Americans. Congratulations Canadians.

of course these canadian hockey players would be pumping gas if it weren't for the USA. they will all start earning their 7 million dollar pay checks playing for American teams tomorrow when they are back in the NHL. it's American fans who pay their salaries.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Canada is America's hat.
And the hat most times can make the outfit.....see your avatar for further consultation!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

convertedpatsfan said:
Great game. Of course I'm happy Canada won. But I was really impressed with this US team, especially how they reacted to their silvers. Nobody looked happy to get this far, nobody looked happy to settle for silver.

The US won the world juniors, and their Olympic team was so close to winning a gold. The hockey program is really coming along, and you guys should really be proud of your team.

The US hockey team was a fantastic group of players and will be a force for years at the olympics and on the world stage congrats for a terrific and gritty group of players !!!!!
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Congrats to the Canadian hockey team. Crosby came up in the clutch when you needed him to the most. Nothing you can do about that.

This was the most I cared about a hockey game in a long long long time

A letdown, but considering that everyone picked the US to finish somewhere between 6th and 8th in this tourney, I'm ok with the Silver....now, anyway...after the game, not as much.

My wife, a Canadian, was walking on air tonight, so that's good I guess.

It was really a good hockey game, have not paid attention to this sport lately..

Level of Crosby hatred rising...

Only south of the border (except for maybe some areas of Pittsburgh)

of course these canadian hockey players would be pumping gas if it weren't for the USA. they will all start earning their 7 million dollar pay checks playing for American teams tomorrow when they are back in the NHL. it's American fans who pay their salaries.

It's statements like this that make many people all over the world cringe. Wouldn't it be gracious on your part to congratulate the Canadian players for a hard fought win that your American players pushed them to earn?
Getting down to facts, 1 third (if not more) of all NHL revenue comes from the 6 Canadian hockey teams, many of your players decide to come to Canada to train for their junior careers because they know it is the best junior league in the world for preparing them to play in the NHL.

Only south of the border (except for maybe some areas of Pittsburgh)

Count me in the anti-Crosby crowd. I've always preferred Ovechkin :D

many of your players decide to come to Canada to train for their junior careers because they know it is the best junior league in the world for preparing them to play in the NHL.

Truth. I went to play hockey in Canada back in the late 90s. I've got tons of respect for the hockey culture up there.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back