PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants to wear throwbacks

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Another team that should go back to their old look full time. Their current look is boring and these are sick.

Bill approves...

i

Another team that should go back to their old look full time. Their current look is boring and these are sick.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

As much as those throwbacks scream "80's", they are still way better looking than the ones they wear right now.... not to mention I just don't get why a team nicknamed "Big Blue" uses red numbers on their white jerseys.....

These are waaaaay better!

Are these just alternates or their primary uniforms?

Their current ones were terrible, especially their candy cane away uniforms.

It's only for two games. Giants just don't get it.

Bill approves...

i
Interestingly, there's a lot of personal nostalgia for the G-Men staff: Parcells, Belichick, Coughlin et al., and their fans & players.

I myself, personally despised them, but whatever, they didn't make Berry love Eason so that wasn't their fault

For their prior success in them, I think it's an appropriate throwback.

I go against our consensus: Their classic, as boring as it seems comparatively, is nevertheless classic. It goes back to a time practically before I was born, when I didn't have a reason to hate them
1658339871347.png

These are waaaaay better!

Are these just alternates or their primary uniforms?

Their current ones were terrible, especially their candy cane away uniforms.

They are too much like the Buffalo uniforms...maybe a slightly darker color

Love it....back in the day the Giants were on TV here growing up almost as much as the Pats. The Giants seemed to be the 4 pm game - with pickled Pat Summeral and Madden - almost every week and tons of Pats games were blacked out. Lots of memories watching the Giants of Parcells, Lawreence Taylorl Joe Morris, Bavaro, etc., with my father, who grew up a Giants fan because there was not such thing as the Patriots...

Love it....back in the day the Giants were on TV here growing up almost as much as the Pats. The Giants seemed to be the 4 pm game - with pickled Pat Summeral and Madden
As Super 70's Sports likes to say: The guy who was drunk sounded sober and the guy who was sober sounded drunk.

I've followed the Giants since the fifties when New England was forced to watch them, and their uniforms have remained essentially the same for seventy years, much like the Packers. There have been changes to the trim and the pants may have alternated from white to gray and back, but the deep blue helmet and jersey have remained.

Also Dallas Cowboys with throwbacks and the white helmet

24 november against NYG

Love it....back in the day the Giants were on TV here growing up almost as much as the Pats. The Giants seemed to be the 4 pm game - with pickled Pat Summeral and Madden - almost every week and tons of Pats games were blacked out. Lots of memories watching the Giants of Parcells, Lawreence Taylorl Joe Morris, Bavaro, etc., with my father, who grew up a Giants fan because there was not such thing as the Patriots...
Giants were an actual laughingstock (unlike New England) for two decades prior to Parcells, and then had some ignominious seasons early with him. Like the Bears before 1984.

Those Giants uni's are great. I'm a sucker for them SF & Minnesota.

Bengals with a game changer here.

Chicago Bears with orange helmet for 2 games

I like it

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back