PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-Georgia Tech WR CALVIN JOHNSON....wowoowowow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saying the same thing about Charles Rogers back in the '03 draft. Wonder what happened to him?

i dont blame him..blame Harrington/Millen/injuries.

And Rogers being a piece of sh!t dog which is why no-one has signed him as a street FA.

Is it Harrington or Millens fault that Rogers did drugs and got himself suspended?

Is it Harrington or Millens fault that Rogers did drugs and got himself suspended?
It's always someone else's fault these days :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly BF. Let us blame someone else. accountability: It's not just a triple-word score in scrabble.

Sure seems like he can't miss. But he's a great deep threat....but we don't throw deep that often and Brady, unless his shoulder is temporarily screwed up, isn't that much of a deep thrower.

I'd prefer a can't miss CB at about 20 or so, or a couple can't miss LBs.

It would take the two #1s this year and next year's #1, two low #1s aren't going to get him.

Move on.

Actually, #22 & #28 would get us to #8 on the Draft Value Chart. Probably won't get us high enough to get him, though. Wouldn't think BB would move up more than a spot or two, myself. But then, who thought he'd go offense last year?

we really need LB's and a safety/CB more than a WR.

Actually, #22 & #28 would get us to #8 on the Draft Value Chart. Probably won't get us high enough to get him, though.
I don't care what the draft value chart says, that trade wouldn't happen IMO.

Here is why you do not trade up for a top 10 WR:

Here are the WR's drafted in the top 10 since 1999. (There were no top 10 WR's dratfed on 2006)

Braylon Edwards .. showed flashes, bust for a #2 overall pick IMO
Troy Williamson .. deep threat .. bust for top 10
Mike Williams .. bust and will be released by lowley Lions
Larry Fitzgerald .. Top 5 NFL WR
Roy Williams .. Top 10 NFL WR
Charles Rogers .. Bust , out of football
Andre Johnson .. Top 10 NFL WR
David Terrell .. Bust , out of football
Koren Robinson .. Bust , sippin on the 40oz
Plexico Burress .. possibly worthy of a top 10 pick ( one dimensional )
Travis Taylor .. bust for top 10
Torry Holt .. Top 5 NFL WR
David Boston .. Bust.. out of football

I see 4 SOILD WR's and if you add Plexico to that list 4.5 true #1 WR's. Holt, Fitz, R Williams and A Johnson have the potential to be great players and Holt may see the HOF if he keeps it up. There are too many misses in that field of top 10 drafted WR's for me to be concerned.

but what the hell do I know .. ; )

OK .. too quick to judge B Edwards. He could be and should be a true #1 WR once he grow up a bit and he did lose a big part of last yr w/ a knee injury.

It would take the two #1s this year and next year's #1, two low #1s aren't going to get him.

Move on.

Pats could end up with 3 solid starters or 1 WR that touches the ball 5 times a game

OK .. too quick to judge B Edwards. He could be and should be a true #1 WR once he grow up a bit and he did lose a big part of last yr w/ a knee injury.
I don't think it's too early to judge him as a #3 overall. He has just above average speed, below average hands and has a bad attitude. He could still be a very good WR but not a #3 overall pick.

Yeah..Many of us were excited about getting the highly sought after Chad Jackson too....Not much from him in the pros as of yet.

You probably heard it a million times but the college game and pro game are way different and defenses are faster in the NFL..Lets see him play in the regular season before saying he is hall of famer material or someone to go WowwOW over.

How many of the Heisman winners of the past 20 years have been all-pros in the NFL? - Many of those players did not make the transition too well and several were pro busts,so lets wait,and if we somehow do get him-calm down and watch him awhile first.

Yeah..Many of us were excited about getting the highly sought after Chad Jackson too....Not much from him in the pros as of yet.

You probably heard it a million times but the college game and pro game are way different and defenses are faster in the NFL..Lets see him play in the regular season before saying he is hall of famer material or someone to go WowwOW over.

How many of the Heisman winners of the past 20 years have been all-pros in the NFL? - Many of those players did not make the transition too well and several were pro busts,so lets wait,and if we somehow do get him-calm down and watch him awhile first.

While dominating college competition is no guarantee of success in the pros, it's a better indicator than s u c k i n g, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Pats could end up with 3 solid starters or 1 WR that touches the ball 5 times a game

GREAT POINT and I agree................Lets keep our picks

GREAT POINT and I agree................Lets keep our picks

Belichick would take the three solid starters any day of the week . . . and twice on Sundays.

I was saying the same thing about Charles Rogers back in the '03 draft. Wonder what happened to him?

As a PSU fan, I watched a lot of Rogers in college. He wasn't in Johnson's league. Johnson has speed and size out there.

I like then kid, but I don't see him being available when the Pats select.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST