PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fan passed away at Gillette Last night

They could still do a generic R.I.P. post and share details for any charity he supported.
This is the statement they issued:

"We are heartbroken to learn of the tragic passing of Dale Mooney, a lifelong Patriots fans and 30-year season ticket member, who died while attending last Sunday night's Patriots game," stadium officials said on Tuesday. "We continue to work with local authorities to assist them with their ongoing investigation. We extend our sincerest sympathies and heartfelt condolences to Dale's family and to all those who are mourning his loss."

A "Go-Fund-Me" was started for the family.

The Amazing Husband and Father Dale Mooney, organized by Michael Giangregorio

Sad. Anyone who doesn’t know how to adequately defend themselves (and it certainly looks like Mooney didn’t) should just leave it alone and not engage. Homie in the Bryce Young jersey here was in the same situation…
“Defend themselves” are the key words.

Means somebody else initiated the physical aggression and threw the first punch.

Even closing the distance escalates confrontation.

just leave it alone and not engage”

“Defend themselves” are the key words.

Means somebody else initiated the physical aggression and threw the first punch.

Even closing the distance escalates confrontation.

just leave it alone and not engage”
Even if you engage first, you still have to defend yourself. If he closes the distance and has intentions, his hands need to be up. But, as @archstanton543 pointed out, if you have a bad heart, you shouldn’t be anywhere near a fight anyway.

Even if you engage first, you still have to defend yourself. If he closes the distance and has intentions, his hands need to be up. But, as @archstanton543 pointed out, if you have a bad heart, you shouldn’t be anywhere near a fight anyway.
Don’t engage first.

if you do you are the cause, the troublemaker. Anything that happens after is your fault.

Some Pats fans are class acts.

When NE beat KC in the AFCC, Pats fans were in the KC bars post game calling the Chiefs chokers and losers. I have been to a few road games where Pats fans were mouthing off in the parking lot pre game.
No doubt. You are always going to have the 5% rule at games and bars.
I get social in a good way when I drink.
Some people are the opposite and bring the term "fire water" to mean exactly how it sounds

After seeing this latest video, it's hard to imagine the police charging the guy who hit Mooney. It looks like Mooney had someone in a bear hug or even a choke hold from the front.

I've been taunted at the stadium several times, usually near the end of a game when it looks like we're going to lose, but I never felt that I should start a fight over it. What a terrible situation all around.

They rocked the limo Cosell was in when he was being brought into the stadium, those were wild days, so many drunk idiots, I would never take my wife to a game back in those days.
That was probably what happened to Howard. I had heard my version from fans the following week in the parking lot

Parcells once said they were the worst fans. Mentioned the Santa story

In my experiences at Foxboro, the worst visiting team's fans are the Jets, with the Steelers being a close second. Jets fans love to rub it in when they beat us. Thank god they haven't had the opportunity in a long while. :)

Whomever did the cuts on the new video over at Channel 5 did a horrible job. There is too much that isn't shown.
You see Mooney enter the Aisle. You don't see who initiates the altercation. You don't see if he grabs someone or is the one grabbed. You don't see where Mooney's hands are.

In the new video, Mooney is engaged with someone and there is a guy with a White jacket with fluorescent yellow on it's sleeves who is behind the guy Mooney is tussling with. A guy in a blue shirt in the next row up says something to White Jacket to stop before he throws a punch (at least in as much as the new video shows). White Jacket THEN grabs Mooney around the Head/Neck area as Mooney and the other guy cause White Jacket to rotate counter-clockwise. A guy in a Red Shirt then tries to grab White Jacket as Mooney continues to tussle. The Fin Fan who through the punch was BEHIND White Jacket and you only catch a glimpse of him

Based on the 1st video, the Fin Fan (red Circle) enters the fray and throws the punches OVER the head of White Jacket (green Circle) . I had to almost go frame by frame in the 2nd video to see when the Fin Fan entered the fray and punched Mooney, but it's there between 37 and 39 seconds of the Video as shown on GMA (link attached).

I'm no lawyer, but I think this is a clear case of Assault and Battery as well as Involuntary Manslaughter since the person throwing the Punch wasn't engaged at all with Mooney and his punch hits Mooney in the side of the head in the temple region.

Since the GMA video says that the Autopsy results are still pending, I think that the previous reports of "No trauma found" might be misinformation.

1695311634662.png1695311803762.png1695312111364.png

Don’t engage first.

if you do you are the cause, the troublemaker. Anything that happens after is your fault.
Not sure that's how the law is written.
In the video you see plenty of people turn their back and avoid the confrontation.
If you enter late and swing at someone being held, not sure it's the fault of whomever started it.

Sad. Anyone who doesn’t know how to adequately defend themselves (and it certainly looks like Mooney didn’t) should just leave it alone and not engage. Homie in the Bryce Young jersey here was in the same situation…

Doesnt even look like hes fighting, it just looks like the guy on top of him is half a second away from committing a felony swinging at someone who if it were a UFC fight a ref would be ending it

correction, looks like he did commit a felony because after he got up and tried walking away while looking half unconcious, the guy comes up sucker punches him again while also knocking down some girl

This is just awful! My thoughts and prayers are with his family and Patriot nation.

The cause and manner of Mooney's death remain pending, Foxborough police said in a news release, noting that preliminary autopsy results did not suggest that he suffered a traumatic injury and did identify that he'd had a medical issue.

Police said they are seeking charges of assault and battery and disorderly conduct against the three Rhode Island men. Their names were not released. A member of the Wrentham District Court Clerk Magistrate Office will review the request for charges at an upcoming hearing, police said, at which point the names of the three men will become public.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back