PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: David Stern Has Died At 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anxiously awaiting your sharing it

David was clearly genuinely liked by Bill Russell, among others, so best wishes for him and his family.

And you know, there are a lot of terrible commishes, so it's not like we're picking on him.

So! I'm all ears. Ready when you are. Thanks in advance.

Any time will be great
Sorry for his wife and family's loss and I certainly hope he didn't suffer and was peaceful when he passed but I sure as hell am not on board with the GOAT commissioner talk.

Emptying the clip...

Handling of Michael Jordan gambling- I have it on good authority MJ was betting on NBA games. Michael bet on his own team. He was an addict. Stern took care of it. Told MJ to go away and come back later. His soft policies on gambling led to....

Handling of NBA Ref game fixing- Pathetic. Stern always felt gambling was the NBAs path to wealth. He knew refs were betting on games for years. Too late to the party...

Handling of Reggie Lewis death- Celts should have received cap relief. He put the rule in place A YEAR AFTER Reggie died

Interfering in trades: See Chris Paul. Again, late to the party.

The Lockout- Fat, dumb and happy. Asleep at the wheel.

Publicly took credit for NBA rebirth in the 80s....we know who really deserves the credit.

Right place and the right time. Classic rug sweeper. Turned the other cheek as long as the money flowed and he looked good he didn't care.

Last edited:
Sorry for his wife and family's loss and I certainly hope he didn't suffer and was peaceful when he passed but I sure as hell am not on board with the GOAT commissioner talk.

Emptying the clip...

Handling of Michael Jordan gambling- I have it on good authority MJ was betting on NBA games. Michael bet on his own team. He was an addict. Stern took care of it. Told MJ to go away and come back later. His soft policies on gambling led to....

Handling of NBA Ref game fixing- Pathetic. Stern always felt gambling was the NBAs path to wealth. He knew refs were betting on games for years. Too late to the party...

Handling of Reggie Lewis death- Celts should have received cap relief. He put the rule in place A YEAR AFTER Reggie died

Interfering in trades: See Chris Paul. Again, late to the party.

The Lockout- Fat, dumb and happy. Asleep at the wheel.

Publicly took credit for NBA rebirth in the 80s....we know who really deserves the credit.

Right place and the right time. Classic rug sweeper. Turned the other cheek as long as the money flowed and he looked good.
Thank you.

As I expected, correct and insightful on all counts.

Unfortunately, he's typical of those in such positions.

But...for me...the 2-3-2 is his magnum opus

Like the Boston Marathon Bombings are **** Cheney's magnum opus in terrorism prevention.

Thank you.

As I expected, correct and insightful on all counts.

Unfortunately, he's typical of those in such positions.

But...for me...the 2-3-2 is his magnum opus

Like the Boston Marathon Bombings are **** Cheney's magnum opus in terrorism prevention.
Its true. Commish's are businessmen, politicians and mob bosses all rolled into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back