PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: dad moment

yukon cornelius

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This happened a few weeks ago, but it's out now

Kid #2 has committed to play college softball - her HS team is 56-0 under her tenure, she's started at C for all 56 - 3 straight state titles, 3 years all conference, all state last year as a Jr

To make it cooler, she'll be playing with her sister, so I get two more years of them playing together....

Awesome news. Dated a softball player in HS - pitcher. First time I caught for her (she wanted to practice during study hall) I realized that "Throws like a girl" was not the insult it was meant to be.

Kid #2 has committed to play college softball - her HS team is 56-0 under her tenure, she's started at C for all 56 - 3 straight state titles, 3 years all conference, all state last year as a Jr

To make it cooler, she'll be playing with her sister, so I get two more years of them playing together....
Thats awesome Yukon...

they need nicknames... Maybe silver and gold?

Awesome news. Dated a softball player in HS - pitcher. First time I caught for her (she wanted to practice during study hall) I realized that "Throws like a girl" was not the insult it was meant to be.
Wait what are we talking about Chevy? :confused:

Congrats Yukon!

Wait what are we talking about Chevy? :confused:
Like all good story tellers, I leave the interpretation to the reader ... :rolleyes:

But, to clarify ... That underhand pitch they use in softball is not weak ... at all.

Like all good story tellers, I leave the interpretation to the reader ... :rolleyes:

But, to clarify ... That underhand pitch they use in softball is not weak ... at all.
Oh I know. Especially at such a short distance. They are zinging that thing in there. Definitely not old man slow pitch.

That’s awesome. Are your girls close with each other or “get along” through the sport? I grew up with older sisters who battled and fought each other for years when under the folks roof, but once one went off to college, it completely flipped their relationship. Funny how that works with siblings.

That’s awesome. Are your girls close with each other or “get along” through the sport? I grew up with older sisters who battled and fought each other for years when under the folks roof, but once one went off to college, it completely flipped their relationship. Funny how that works with siblings.

Always been close....push each other as teammates

Boob Chicka Boom

Edit: Sorry
BOOM CHICKA BOOM

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Congratulations! Love hearing great Dad moments.

I devoured finger nails watching my daughter compete in sparring in martial arts tournaments over the years. So nerve racking but gratifying at the same time.

Enjoy these special years!

Good for you, YC! Sports is a great teacher... how to work hard, how to win, how to lose... Being in a band or being on a team are the two best things you can do as a youngster, IMO.

congrats! very cool!

Amazing shots. I'd frame the middle one. Or get a frame that can hold all 3 so the sequence is appreciable.

there's a couple more in the sequence

all "after" shots

384477180_867701544460051_6563740764934562522_n.jpg

384495740_326888213055370_7549738837713734099_n.jpg

382246553_695194732489213_2854444997946487238_n.jpg

379912760_1930339624002727_7774525801254096231_n.jpg

384439803_562544835997834_332199845815444833_n.jpg

this was when she moved up from 14u to a new, bigger org - right to their 18u team - team was loaded, my eldest and 8-10 other girls that are all playing in college, first weekend tournament, i think first game on sunday AM (elimination games).....might even have been a pool game, but she was the youngest on the team, thrown in to the leadoff spot right away.......this catch kind of let her know she belonged, it was a big moment for her, she turned a corner from really good to a leader.....

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back