PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chiefs release both of the their starting tackles

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Let the carnage begin. Chiefs have released both Fisher (former #1 overall pick) and Schwartz. Chiefs planet seems to think they are in complete rebuild mode for the OL. They still have $3mil to go to get under the cap.

Both starting tackles gone. Center leaving in FA. No money to sign any good replacements.... It's like they don't even want to invest in keeping their 40M+/yr QB healthy.

I predict a strugglefest for the Chefs this year. No matter how stellar Mahomes is, he's only as good as his OL.

You would have thought that after the SB, Chiefs would be ready to do anything to keep a good OL in front of Mahomes

You would have thought that after the SB, Chiefs would be ready to do anything to keep a good OL in front of Mahomes
no money no good

no money no good
And it'll get much much worse. He's finally ramped up to $25m cap hit this year. But in next 2 years it'll go to $40m+. And the Chiefs glory days will be over.

Sorry fellas, while you work hard and your job is important we regret to inform you that youre fired.

You see, Wifebeater Tyreek, Kelce the thug and Mahomes got to the money first. We hope that this wont affect team chemistry.

Both starting tackles gone. Center leaving in FA. No money to sign any good replacements.... It's like they don't even want to invest in keeping their 40M+/yr QB healthy.

when your QB is about to count $40million against the cap you have to let go talent elsewhere.

I said this after the superbowl and quite a few disagreed. I said once Mahomes contract hits that $40million combined with like$20milliob for tyreek and $10million for kelce you are going to see a team closer to what we saw in the superbowl.

Than the team dominating. We saw this with the Seahawks, houston, pretty much any team once their QBs rookie contract was up.

The irony is these QBs complaining they don't have the talent around them when they made $1million when they now making $40million

when your QB is about to count $40million against the cap you have to let go talent elsewhere.

I said this after the superbowl and quite a few disagreed. I said once Mahomes contract hits that $40million combined with like$20milliob for tyreek and $10million for kelce you are going to see a team closer to what we saw in the superbowl.

Than the team dominating. We saw this with the Seahawks, houston, pretty much any team once their QBs rookie contract was up.

The irony is these QBs complaining they don't have the talent around them when they made $1million when they now making $40million
.....and Kelce is hitting that age in which it isn't typically smart business to extend big money to older players.

The Chiefs will now have to deal with what many teams have had after superbowl wins: QBs no longer on rookie deals & drafting at the bottom of the first round.

The Chiefs have used their two first round picks on trading for Frank Clark & a not special RB. Clark’s 25 million cap hit is playing a role in the weakening of the roster. Not a good start.

Check out the Seahawks drafting from 2016-2018:

43337E75-A86E-437F-8363-A0A0C70DFE48.jpeg

This is usually what happens. The QB signs a top of the market deal & the team struggles to draft with limited capital. The difference between the Pats, Packers, Seahawks & Chiefs as opposed to the Ravens (Flacco), Eagles (Wentz) & Rams (Goff) is the elite QB keeps the team contending.

Also, worth noting that the Chiefs have been fortunate with injuries. They haven’t had Kelce or Hill missing from the postseason with Mahomes.

2011: Gronk ankle
2012: Gronk IR
2013: Gronk IR
2014: healthy
2015: healthy (although Edelman foot injury for half the season)
2016: Gronk IR
2017: Edelman IR
2018: healthy

Luxury players like Watkins won’t be able to be signed to ridiculous contracts. They will have to turn to the draft will have to fix the OL & add secondary talent across Kelce & Hill.

I'm aware they would lose some guys. But if your investing that much in your offense already you may as well go all the way and do your best to cobble together a D with value FAs and the draft. That's what I'd do if I was KC at this point.

I would rather have their situation than ours.

They can have Cam and our offensive line, ill take Mahomes and an offensive line needing rebuilt, much easier to fix the offensive line than to find an elite quarterback.

Hopefully watching the queefs fall might make some people actually appreciate what we had here for so long. Rebuilding and maintaining is harder than any single deep playoff run.

Hopefully watching the queefs fall might make some people actually appreciate what we had here for so long. Rebuilding and maintaining is harder than any single deep playoff run....
...made so much more easy when TFB was here.

This is definitely going to force the issue of Mahomes needing to use all 3 levels of the field like he did in that 31pt half against the Pats in the AFCCG. When he stubbornly looks at only 2 levels like he did in that game's 1st half or in SB55 throughout, he can be contained by good teams. Better playcalling by Reid/Bienemy would help in that area, too.

Regards,
Chris

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back